Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2003, 07:31 AM   #21
Masklinn

Last time my IQ has been checked I had 42..."Mentally challenged" they said

But back to the old habits, it's time to pick on TL and Magik (damn I miss the war forum) :

By TL :
Quote:
Of course, in Europe, asking someone what they do for a living is considered pretty rude
Sorry, don't know where you got this one from but it's not true where I live. Asking how much you earn is rude yeah, but what you do...it usually comes right after "what's your name?"...like in the USA it seems. (I tell you, we're far from being as different as we would like to be).

And Magik, my dear Magik, - Paris France - having the last spot of your list...ah...how else could it be coming from you.

(No offense intended at all)
Old 05-07-2003, 07:47 AM   #22
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Masklinn I seriously doubt that 42. The lowest scores measured are around 70.
Hehe as Donut said I also won't even consider DK's 208. LOL! The highest scores measured in normal tests are between 150 and 160.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:06 AM   #23
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Not all that old, and time passage does not have much to do with the average IQ of people. There is a very great tendancy for people to vastly overestimate their IQ, not realizing that the recent average of Human IQ's was in reality roughly 110.
I think he was more referring more to the fact that the two places he'd picked out don't technically exist any more. The test is going to have to be pretty old or else the person who wrote it hasn't noticed that whole former Balkan state "thang" going on in Eastern Europe... [/QUOTE]What do you consider old? I don't consider 10 or 20 years all that old...it isn't like humanity is becoming more brilliant by the minute ya know [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2003, 08:09 AM   #24
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Masklinn:

And Magik, my dear Magik, - Paris France - having the last spot of your list...ah...how else could it be coming from you.

(No offense intended at all)
Masklinn You might even notice that the USA didn't even rank that high. I have no idea why the list contained only certain european nations and not others. Perhaps the grad student who put it together was only interested in local numbers.

In short.."Don't kill the messenger">

Old 05-07-2003, 08:13 AM   #25
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:

In short.."Don't kill the messenger">
K, how about just a plain old knee-capping then?
Old 05-07-2003, 08:13 AM   #26
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Masklinn I seriously doubt that 42. The lowest scores measured are around 70.
Hehe as Donut said I also won't even consider DK's 208. LOL! The highest scores measured in normal tests are between 150 and 160.
I read recently somewhere that they had measured some woman at 180. I would seriously suspect anything higher than that....and as I said, anyone with 150 or greater is usually contacted/recruited by the government due to National Security interests. They collect the best and brightest like kids collect pretty stones. In the US organizations like DARPA and DISA have cadres of uber bright people. Altho when working at DISA I noticed that extremely high IQ's did not necessarily mean that they could walk and chew gum at the same time [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-07-2003, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-07-2003, 08:18 AM   #27
Masklinn

Quote:
In short.."Don't kill the messenger"
That wasn't the goal. Thaz why I said no offense intended (at all - and I mean it). Cause it was really just that : showing the irony of France being last in a list provided by you.

Peace Brother MagiK.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:24 AM   #28
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Quote:
What do you consider old? I don't consider 10 or 20 years all that old...it isn't like humanity is becoming more brilliant by the minute ya know [img]smile.gif[/img]
Admittedly not, but the list is a comparitive study of IQs, country by country. 10 or 20 years is easily enough time for a country to improve its education system enough to change its position on this list. Thats why it might not be quite as accurate as you might hope sadly.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 05-07-2003, 08:51 AM   #29
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Bah... don't worry Magik. I still believe your list is right
Old 05-07-2003, 10:46 AM   #30
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Quote:
Originally posted by Masklinn:
Last time my IQ has been checked I had 42..."Mentally challenged" they said
Aww, you don't seem mentally challanged to me. if anyone is, i am, as i am weird enough to take madness tests, intlleigence tests, IQ tests, and personallity tests when I know that I am mad, dumb, and stroppy with serious attitude problems.
And I don't know what 1 + 1 is.
Beat that for mentally challanged.