Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2004, 01:56 PM   #1
nmb0120
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I cannot get through the Ziggurat chamber in dragon's eye. The hint guide says that the enemies come at you in two groups, but I have 3 priestesses and 7 trolls attacking me all at once. I can't seem to run away from them and draw them one by one either---they all follow and attack. I don't know how to beat them without losing most of my party. Can anyone help?
nmb0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 10:57 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

... ...

It would help to know who is in your party, what are their levels and what difficulty level are you playing on.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 05:49 PM   #3
nmb0120
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My Party is as follows:
3 Level 6 Fighters (two specialize in bows)
1 Cleric level 6/Mage level 5
1 Cleric level 7
1 Fighter level 5/Mage level 6

I am playing on the easiest difficulty level, but I did install HOW at the same time I installed IWD. Do you need any more info to help? Thanks
Old 01-03-2004, 12:46 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by nmb0120:
My Party is as follows:
1 Cleric level 7

I am playing on the easiest difficulty level, but I did install HOW at the same time I installed IWD. Do you need any more info to help? Thanks
No Thief or Bard? Oooo... this would mean no Ring of Free Action then. Tricky, tricky. Hang on, need to refer to the spells section.

Hmmmm... on Easy, summons are worth jack, so that is out of the questions, sort of. Your Mages should have Web memorised, if not, make haste to Orrick and purchase the spell.

Get your Clerics to summon some Skeletons from the level 3 spell, Animate Dead. Seperate the Skeleton Archers from the normal Skeletons. Have your level 7 Cleric cast the level 4 spell Free Action onto your sole melee Fighter.

Send in the melee Skeletons first, with your melee Fighter behind them. When Trolls and Skeletons clash, have your Mages cast at least 2 Webs on them. It matters not if your Skeletons get caught, and Free Action will protect your melee Fighter.

Barrage the webbed hostiles first with ranged attacks, because it will be automatic hits, so you do not waste time or ammunition.

Since you have 2 Clerics, have them cast Silence 15' Radius on the enemy Clerics. A few well-aimed Fireballs will not hurt as well.

Make sure to have some fire or acid arrows in reserve to finish off the Trolls.

Good luck, and have fun.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Old 01-03-2004, 07:20 AM   #5
nmb0120
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I will try---thanks!
Old 01-03-2004, 09:35 AM   #6
nmb0120
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks---I'm finally through there!
Old 01-04-2004, 06:19 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Congratulations.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:02 AM   #8
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
quote:
Originally posted by nmb0120:
My Party is as follows:
1 Cleric level 7

No Thief or Bard? Oooo... this would mean no Ring of Free Action then. Tricky, tricky. Hang on, need to refer to the spells section.

Hmmmm... on Easy, summons are worth jack, so that is out of the questions, sort of. Your Mages should have Web memorised, if not, make haste to Orrick and purchase the spell.

Get your Clerics to summon some Skeletons from the level 3 spell, Animate Dead. Seperate the Skeleton Archers from the normal Skeletons. Have your level 7 Cleric cast the level 4 spell Free Action onto your sole melee Fighter.

Send in the melee Skeletons first, with your melee Fighter behind them. When Trolls and Skeletons clash, have your Mages cast at least 2 Webs on them. It matters not if your Skeletons get caught, and Free Action will protect your melee Fighter.

Barrage the webbed hostiles first with ranged attacks, because it will be automatic hits, so you do not waste time or ammunition.

Since you have 2 Clerics, have them cast Silence 15' Radius on the enemy Clerics. A few well-aimed Fireballs will not hurt as well.

Make sure to have some fire or acid arrows in reserve to finish off the Trolls.

Good luck, and have fun.
[/QUOTE]You know it took me a very long time to get past this, It never occurred to me to use web......

good plan.....*kicking self for being so stupid*

You Can Not Hide
AngelofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote