Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 11:24 AM   #1
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Since I have to begin a second thread on this topic....

The Supreme Court has denied to overturn the decisions made by lower Federal Courts, which comes as a surprise to no one. Naturally, Jeb Bush is moving forward with attempts to have Michael removed as Terri's guardian and place her into state custody; since this appeal is in the Court of a judge who has repeatedly ruled in favor of Micheal Schiavo the likelihood of that happening is really minute.

Bobby Schindler is on the phone right now with Fox News, claiming that his family has never understood why Terri collapsed in the first place; he claims they suspect some sort of family violence. [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] Terri had an eating disorder, which led to her heart attack and electrolyte imbalance and her subsequent 5-minute span of lack of oxygen and her current condition. In short, she did it to herself--something no one has been saying.

Michael Schiavo is still her legal husband and guardian, thus his opinion is the only one that matters in this case, because his wife's medical care is his to decide be that decision right or wrong.

note: I'm looking for some more info online right now, but need to start the thread. I'll update in a little while.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 11:28 AM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I don't mind the topic, I just want the discussion to be respectful to each member. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Play nice guys..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 11:33 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Terri had an eating disorder, which led to her heart attack and electrolyte imbalance and her subsequent 5-minute span of lack of oxygen and her current condition. In short, she did it to herself--something no one has been saying.
Well heck! There's the answer! She does not even WANT to eat, so she hates the feeding tube.

We should honor her wishes to be anorexic (or bulimic).

[ 03-24-2005, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 03-24-2005, 11:43 AM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I don't mind the topic, I just want the discussion to be respectful to each member. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Play nice guys..
I know. It is simply sad that a few folks derailed a thread discussing a topic which is tracking a crucial point in our country's history--the struggle between Legislative versus Judiciary, State's Rights versus Federal Rights, and a person's right to life or death being a personal decision and not something to be dictated by the State.

Old 03-24-2005, 12:04 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/orders.../032405pzr.pdf

[img]graemlins/survivor.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2005, 12:07 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Hm..that article wants to download stuff, or whatever....no chance of copying the article's text and paste it in a post ?
Old 03-24-2005, 12:14 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Its a pdf...

I was able to open it with no downloads here at school. Maybe you need to update your adobe acrobat reader???
Old 03-24-2005, 12:27 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Its a pdf...

I was able to open it with no downloads here at school. Maybe you need to update your adobe acrobat reader???
Or maybe you could be Mr. Nice Guy, and post the article for me ?

Heheh..i'll take your advice and update my stuff, see what difference it makes.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:32 PM   #9
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Fine, I'll type the durned thing out:

Quote:
ORDER IN PENDING CASE

Schiavo, ex rel. Schindler v. Schiavo

The application for stay of enforcement of judgment pending the filing and disposition of a petition for writ of certiorari presented to Justice Kennedy and by him referred to the Court is denied.
As Antryg translated the legalese on a certain other forum: "Not just no, but hell no."

And, as I translate it:
"No, and we're not even going to discuss it." [img]graemlins/survivor.gif[/img]

[ 03-24-2005, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 03-24-2005, 12:36 PM   #10
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Well, I've been trying to find the transcript from the original case, but either 1) I am not a highly-skilled Internet searcher or 2) there are so many links regarding this case now, including some really rabid ones, that I have thousands of links to search.

I have found a couple, though:

News article from WorldNetDaily, dated 14 Oct 2003, which includes a discussion of the money--how much was originally issued and how much remained as of the time of this article, etc.

A CNN story from 11 July 2001 about the case. At that time, a court-appointed neurologist stated that according to the CAT and EEG scans that her cerebral cortex, where emotions and cognition occur, was either totally destroyed or damaged beyond repair.

An ABC article from 24 March 2005 about the legal point of view about this case, specifically whether Terri's rights were given due process.

A St. Petersburg Times column from 21 September 2003 about some medical findings regarding Terri's condition.

Anyway...I highly doubt Judge Greer will side with Gov. Bush. After that, unfortunately there isn't much time left. I heard Bill O'Reilly ask yesterday, "Why can't Michael Schiavo do the easy thing and let Terri go home with her parents?". Well, Bill, why can't her parents do the easy thing and let her husband and legal guardian make Terri's decisions for her as the law states he may?