Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2002, 03:55 PM   #1
TheThing
Banned User

Steven Brand as Memnon, he is the guy from Mission Impossible 2, right? I think he is. anyway, there is a scene of him fighting with duel-wielded twin flaming swords, it is SO cool!

lets just say, duel wielding kicks ass! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-20-2002, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: TheThing ]
Old 04-22-2002, 04:44 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

Well Mission Impossible isn't listed in his filmography at the Internet Movie Database and since they know everything, I guess it must be someone else.

Good movie was it?
Old 04-22-2002, 05:45 AM   #3
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

thats why they have a cast and credits at the end, its intended for you to read the names of everyone who is scrolling up... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2002, 01:33 PM   #4
MagiK

Actually The film was only a so-so film, the Rock had a couple of good lines. But all in all not on the same level as say, Conan the Barbarian. As for the dual weilding bit..it was short and inneffective....Memmnon got his ass kicked by what apparently was a rocket propelled arrow. The movie was really meant for the WWF crowd not the Sword weilding group.

Old 04-22-2002, 07:53 PM   #5
TheThing
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Actually The film was only a so-so film, the Rock had a couple of good lines. But all in all not on the same level as say, Conan the Barbarian. As for the dual weilding bit..it was short and inneffective....Memmnon got his ass kicked by what apparently was a rocket propelled arrow. The movie was really meant for the WWF crowd not the Sword weilding group.
yeah, you keep talking.

I say ppl should put down the hour-glass, and take off the prejudice against the Rock being a WWF wrestler.

the movie is surprisingly better than what I expected: which is stupid and tasteless. it is actually decent if you want a relaxing time with your girlfriend. I mean, don't take it too serious. it is entertainment, thats what this movie is all about. and it did its job well.
Old 04-23-2002, 03:41 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Me and my friends have only one 'complaint'. During the introduction, we were laughing too hard at what apparently appeared to be nuclear powered arrows.

I mean, the force required to 'push' a guy through a wood and straw wall and then make him 'fly' 20-40 feet away requires a lot of power, power which would have more realistically cause the arrow to pierce through the target, not impale him and propel him. Unless due to size proportion, it was not Bow and Arrows he was using, but a Ballista and Thick Bolts. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It is okay though, we enjoyed the insanity of it all.

Heh, heh... for an entertainment movie, it excels.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Old 04-23-2002, 11:35 AM   #7
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by TheThing:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
yeah, you keep talking.

I say ppl should put down the hour-glass, and take off the prejudice against the Rock being a WWF wrestler.

the movie is surprisingly better than what I expected: which is stupid and tasteless. it is actually decent if you want a relaxing time with your girlfriend. I mean, don't take it too serious. it is entertainment, thats what this movie is all about. and it did its job well.
[/QUOTE]I never Dissed the Rock! I think he did a great job with his acting, I was pointing out that he had a couple of good lines..but over all the FILM as a whole was only so-so...which to me was waaaaay better than I thought it was going to be. It was worth the matinee price to go see [img]smile.gif[/img] I just get tired of Holywood useing weapons too massive even for people as strong as the Rock to weild effectively and then showing arrows fired from recurve bows that lift men off their feet and throw them 40 feet through the air...I mean really come on...

So again, please do not take my criticism of the film as criticism of the Guy they call the Rock. I admire his ability to parlay his wresteling carreer into an acting gig and he did a fine job acting.