Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2001, 09:38 AM   #81
Link
Jack Burton

Before y'all jump to conclusions: I only knew since yesterday, and I strongly considered not telling you. I mean: you can't just go on and flame the guy, what's the use of that? He already apologised for what he did, so flaming won't help. Second thing: he won't be showing up anyway: he told me that he just wanted to try something out, and that would be all. He hasn't been here since his last post (somewhere almost two weeks ago).

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Guns don't kill people, people kill other people.

So, therefore:
Nobody moves! Give me your wallet, I have a person right here!

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-16-2001, 09:47 AM   #82
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Before y'all jump to conclusions: I only knew since yesterday, and I strongly considered not telling you. I mean: you can't just go on and flame the guy, what's the use of that? He already apologised for what he did, so flaming won't help. Second thing: he won't be showing up anyway: he told me that he just wanted to try something out, and that would be all. He hasn't been here since his last post (somewhere almost two weeks ago).
Then, if you don't mind me asking - what was his point? To see if Ziroc would catch him? Or to make fools of people here who couldn't have known he wasn't who he said he was?

I just don't understand people like this. Does your friend not have anything better to do with his time? Everyone would have had absolutely no problem with him being here if he hadn't been so ugly and turned 'troll'.

And please don't misinterpret me here. I'm not flaming - just extremely confused by your friend's actions.

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-16-2001, 09:49 AM   #83
Link
Jack Burton

His point? To check if Ironworks was IP-number proof, at least that's what he told me. He wanted to check if he could sneak in using his own computer, which had been banned (when he was Pollux2). And he succeeded, apparently.

------------------

So, therefore:

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 10-16-2001, 10:06 AM   #84
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
His point? To check if Ironworks was IP-number proof, at least that's what he told me. He wanted to check if he could sneak in using his own computer, which had been banned (when he was Pollux2). And he succeeded, apparently.

Yes, he did, but people here were aware of who he was from his second post. I would advise everyone to read the thread again from his first post paying particular attention to the (sometimes not too subtle ) probing by the Mods and my often asinine interjections.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 10-16-2001, 10:18 AM   #85
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Yes, he did, but people here were aware of who he was from his second post. I would advise everyone to read the thread again from his first post paying particular attention to the (sometimes not too subtle ) probing by the Mods and my often asinine interjections.
Yes, I thought the choice of song was particularly 'appropriate'
Kind of like Rikard when he pulled his 'nAhk' thing and yet continued to use ; for his '. Dead giveaways to one's identity, those are.

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-16-2001).]
Old 10-16-2001, 10:23 AM   #86
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Yes, I thought the choice of song was particularly 'appropriate'
Kind of like Rikard when he pulled his 'nAhk' thing and yet continued to use ; for his '. Dead giveaways to one's identity, those are.

Aha, another member of the service

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 10-16-2001, 10:41 AM   #87
Link
Jack Burton

I now see that his intention was to reveal his identity.. LINK it to the past etc. He already did that kinda stuff when his name was Pollux.. DAMN! I should have known it was him!

------------------

So, therefore:

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 10-16-2001, 10:44 AM   #88
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Memnoch. I think you know what I'm talking about. Being honest (--> I haven't had the chance to say it earlier): he hasn't done anything now, so you can't really do anything to him. He only recently told ( he told me yesterday) that it was him. In other words: Djangus Kong = Pollux..

Link, to be honest, he gave himself away after his second post, with the Lissabon thing, and the similarity in posting style, and the name, pretending to be female and the LINK reference. It almost seemed to me like he was having a laugh at people here behind their backs and behind a fake name. THIS is what I found unacceptable. It's called disrespect and flouting authority.

This has nothing to do with flaming your friend. I won't be flaming your friend. It has to do with being mature and doing the right thing. Your friend should have realized that all he had to do was email Ziroc requesting that the ban be reconsidered, promise to not do it again and the ban in all likelihood would have been lifted, without the need for all this nonsense. Ziroc's a very generous guy as you know.

FWIW, the IP he was using was NOT what he was banned on originally, which happened to be the one your school is using, that's why he got through a third time. The IP he was using this time is 63.87.244.21. Needless to say that will be banned again.

Finally, your responses confirmed his identity for me. I'm more disappointed in you than angry, Link. You didn't do anything wrong yourself, but you - a relatively senior member - were a party to this. If I were you I would've advised him to give himself up and rejoin the community as a legitimate member, rather than continue with this rubbish. I thought I could trust you. I won't lie to you, it will take a little while for that trust to be rebuilt.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 10-16-2001).]
Old 10-16-2001, 10:46 AM   #89
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

You're incredibly clever, I have to admit, double-donut-seven. I don't suppose you know anything about an 'unnamed source' who first brought this thread to my attention?

------------------
Old 10-16-2001, 10:46 AM   #90
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

You only knew since yesterday. Then why have you been so defensive about it all along? Come on, guy, I think you can come up with a better one than that.

And just FYI, you and your friend's little "charade" has fooled no one here, as everyone has pointed out. Memnoch and I have been on to it from the beginning, waiting to see just how far you guys would take it.

What was the point? Other than destroying any shred of credibility either of you have on this forum?

------------------