Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2001, 02:46 PM   #71
Link
Jack Burton

I'm NOT being defensive. It's just that it seems you don't believe Djangus Kong. I mean, by saying these things:

Quote:
You haven't lived in Portugal that long, have you?
You just make me kinda curious. What is it really that you think. It's not something you normally do, and even when Djangus Kong stated that it was just a lie (living in Portugal) you still say that. It's just a bit harsh to believe that you're trying to make a conversation then. I'm sorry if I offended you somehow: it was not something I (might have) did on purpose.
Look mate: you're a great guy, and I think you know well enough that I'm not the person to flame other people, or insult a moderator. I do not wish to get banned, cos I like it very much here.

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Guns don't kill people, people kill other people.

So, therefore:
Nobody moves! Give me your wallet, I have a person right here!

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-13-2001, 10:31 PM   #72
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
I'm NOT being defensive. It's just that it seems you don't believe Djangus Kong. I mean, by saying these things:

You just make me kinda curious. What is it really that you think. It's not something you normally do, and even when Djangus Kong stated that it was just a lie (living in Portugal) you still say that. It's just a bit harsh to believe that you're trying to make a conversation then. I'm sorry if I offended you somehow: it was not something I (might have) did on purpose.
Look mate: you're a great guy, and I think you know well enough that I'm not the person to flame other people, or insult a moderator. I do not wish to get banned, cos I like it very much here.

I don't think Memnoch was picking on Djangus Kong, Link. Since he lived in Portugal, he was probably trying to either find a common point of reference with her, or either saw some discrepancy and was asking for clarification on it. I certainly saw nothing harsh in anything he said to her.

What I AM curious about though, Link, is your intense interest in this situation, which should have little or no interest for you. No one else here seems to think anything untoward is going on, except you. I find this altogether too curious. Why on earth would you even think something like this could result in a banning?

Hmmm...

------------------
Old 10-13-2001, 10:34 PM   #73
H. Sedai

I'm perplexed at what is happening in my innocent thread. I only made one. I usually don't make threads. Now its a mess. Where's my cheetos? I need to console myself.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage[/list]

Old 10-14-2001, 01:37 AM   #74
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

Banning? What on earth are you talking about? Why would you be banned? And you haven't insulted me at all, I'm just a bit curious as to why you keep responding to and contradicting my comments to Djangus (which you are entitled to do, I'm just wondering what all this has to do with you). It's VERY uncharacteristic of YOU, mate!

You guys know each other or something?

------------------
Old 10-14-2001, 08:55 AM   #75
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by H. Sedai:
I'm perplexed at what is happening in my innocent thread. I only made one. I usually don't make threads. Now its a mess. Where's my cheetos? I need to console myself.

I'm with you H. I find much of this thread very confusing.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 10-16-2001, 08:07 AM   #76
Link
Jack Burton

You really want me to be honest then?

------------------

So, therefore:

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 10-16-2001, 08:12 AM   #77
H. Sedai

Quote:

Yes, be honest. Veracity is an undervalued trait that should not be expunged from the fibre of society. I was honest all too often when I was married. I would point out that my sister in law had an entirely too large posterior. You know, for the sake of honesty and all. She had a hunched over walk because of having too much junk in her trunk. Not that I was complaining inasmuch as I like them round and juicy.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac[/list]

Old 10-16-2001, 09:09 AM   #78
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

Honest? You mean you haven't been?

Being honest is always the right way to go, mate.

------------------
Old 10-16-2001, 09:17 AM   #79
Link
Jack Burton

Memnoch. I think you know what I'm talking about. Being honest (--> I haven't had the chance to say it earlier): he hasn't done anything now, so you can't really do anything to him. He only recently told ( he told me yesterday) that it was him. In other words: Djangus Kong = Pollux..

------------------

So, therefore:

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 10-16-2001, 09:35 AM   #80
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Memnoch. I think you know what I'm talking about. Being honest (--> I haven't had the chance to say it earlier): he hasn't done anything now, so you can't really do anything to him. He only recently told ( he told me yesterday) that it was him. In other words: Djangus Kong = Pollux..

Well I for one am shocked!

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!