Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #231
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by DrowArchmage:
i feel as if i am still in a jailcell. oh wait, i am......silly me.
Not for too much longer. I know that the crowd outside are leaning towards a sacrifical offering to the falling 'stars' that no one else has really responded to yet. I'm sure you'll get your chance at freedom .
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:45 PM   #232
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Excuse the double post folks, but I wanted to point out before anyone screams "I r ninja" for Isokla, that perhaps they should check her sheet first. Second post of the OOC thread. Or here: http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...601;p=1#000001

On that note, I was looking over the rules. I happen to have a few (and by few I mean three) other RPs on another forum. I'm not advertising them (although people are more than welcome to join but that's neither here nor there), but they use a more refined system than AA. Actually, its an upgraded version of this game. It's more flexible and the basic concept is: you have x amount of points (200 in most cases) to buy whatever you want, stats, magic, signature attacks, whatever. (as opposed to AA's "fixed point buy where you must spend 7 on skills yadda yadda).

I know no one cares (or even heeds the system) but if you guys like, I can transfere the system over. Your call. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2007, 05:42 AM   #233
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I know you linked me that forum before (on my old-unclean PC), so could you link it again?
Also, would the 'improved' version of the AA system be easy to inplement, and would it make that much of a different?

I didn't quite understand your description [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #234
dplax
Jack Burton

Cut off my post, until I get a chance to talk to you, oh beloved dm. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

/me needs some extra info before continuing.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #235
dplax
Jack Burton

That latest post was written after getting some info from Ivelliis and a lot from Calaethis.

Just shout if you're getting annoyed with me asking loads of questions per post. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2007, 11:59 AM   #236
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
Also, would the 'improved' version of the AA system be easy to inplement, and would it make that much of a different?
I'll try to give you a summary:

In the current system it requires that you have a set number of points per section, for example:
30 for attributes
7 for mental skills
and oh I don't know, say, 10 for martial skills.

In the "improved version" everything is still the 'same' you just get 200 (for example) points to spend on whatever you want rather than have it restricted to certain bits. It'll be more for new players/characters anyway.

- On Dplax's post - here is some info about the "temples" you may find scattered throughout the Lords of Vision's domain.

Almost all the priests are in fact women. They all wear red robes with high collars, hoods and cloaks. Some of these robes(not the cloaks) are embroidered with gold, and a very small amount of these priestesses have a gold band/circlet on their head. All their hair is tied into a single braid, and while the length varies, it is all below the shoulders. None of them are over the age of thirty-thirty five. Most of them are in their early to late twenties.

You may hear the term "Brides of the Master" crop up, but that won't be for a while. And that's all I'm going say for now .

Edit: Oh, and love the post Dplax [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2007, 01:47 PM   #237
dplax
Jack Burton

I'm fine either way...we haven't actually used the rules much yet anyway. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2007, 03:34 PM   #238
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Haha, so true dplax.

I'll perhaps get a post up later on tonight. Maybe.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:04 PM   #239
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Just to confirm a few things -

In the recent confrontation between Isokla; there were no other characters controlled by players involved. Secondly, since I get to play her and DM, (yay for dual roles?) I can settle the situation within a single post.

However, when there are others involved, it is not appropriate to assume play for the entire scene – especially when characters are being controlled by others. As such, please do not assume that simply because one player/DM (namely me) posted an entire combat scene, it is appropriate to follow my lead – if a player controls the entire scene and all characters involved, then it is appropriate to finish up in one post, otherwise it is not.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:49 PM   #240
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Sorry if the fake magic was stupid, a friend gave me the idea.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote