Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2003, 12:39 PM   #1
So So
Zhentarim Guard

wow it has been a while since i have back here...
after playing the game again, i was just wondering if anyone out there has been able to create a weapon creator/editor...
Old 03-05-2003, 01:09 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Not exactly BUT you can modify weapons using HexEdit or some similar program.

I never bothered to figure the whole thing out, but code after that which is necessary to supply the name of the item and the general things such as size within the inventory etc. does modify the weapon. By accident, I did a rather extreme modification on an Assassin's Dagger. In play it actually didn't have the damage that the stats said it would but that was probably because they were way beyond the game's limits.

The code for an assassin's dagger is

EC 00 00 00 0D 00 00 00 00 00 Assassin's Dagger 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 0F 00 00 00 0F 00 00 00 0F ...

EC- refers to the picture
0D - refers to the size within the inventory
I've omitted the hexcode for "Assassin's Dagger" since I alway put that in on the text side and not in the hexcode
I believe the 03 = the minimum damage and the first 0F the max -
The additional 0Fs are other weapon modifiers.

You could play around with it and figure it out. I think each "00" space = some form of modification (stone, sleep, regen etc) but as I said, I never bothered to work it out because I wasn't really interested in doing so. Collecting the code for different weapons with different modifiers would probably clarify what goes where when you want to make a change.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote