Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2002, 11:40 AM   #1
myungbass
Manshoon

ok so this watchers keep thing...is that for really high levels? or can you only get so far without dying? i don;t get it when (and what level) should i start exploring?
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
myungbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 12:03 PM   #2
Alson
Galvatron

The first two levels are doable even with a level 11-12 party.

The rest of the keep, though, is much tougher - wait until level 16-17. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 12:05 PM   #3
myungbass
Manshoon

so i should be able to just walktz on through using level 21 characters? I am a timid beast
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
Old 11-11-2002, 12:22 PM   #4
Alson
Galvatron

Level 21?!
Yes, and quite easily, too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Old 11-11-2002, 12:25 PM   #5
myungbass
Manshoon

damn...i thought i was gonna be some CRAZY hard area thats like for right before you go to the final battle....so at level 21 its not a challenge then aye?
Old 11-11-2002, 12:31 PM   #6
Alson
Galvatron

Levels 4 and 5 can still be a challenge, not to mention the Final Battle.

Don't worry.
The keep is fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2002, 06:12 PM   #7
dragon_lord
Elminster

I went in there with a level 12 party on my first shot through TOB, they came out level 17 . It was quite a challenge though, i didnt even try taking demogorgon of coarse.
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 06:12 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Well, there are "Level 12" parties and "Level 12" parties. For instance, my party is about Level 12 right now (we're zipping through the game, in the Underdark now), and there's no WAY I'm taking them into Watcher's Keep anytime soon. After getting my rear end handed to me about 10 times in a row by the damned Balor, I finally threw everything I had at him, and it was only just enough. That's because, frankly, it's a lousy party:
ME: NE Half-Orc Barbarian, 18/18/20/10/11/9
Valygar
Anomen
Cernd
Nalia
Imoen
How's that for an armor-restricted party? Only 1 of them can wear Plate. Not to mention I'm dragging Cernd along for the ride. Hasn't been much help so far, that's for sure. I'll keep him in GWW form for a while and see how he does as a Fighter.

Your Level 12 party, on the other hand, is probably much better.
Old 11-13-2002, 04:07 AM   #9
dragon_lord
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Your Level 12 party, on the other hand, is probably much better.
It was good for me back then, but now i would probably laugh at how pathetic it was! More than likely my party would have had 3 fighters, 1 fighter/cleric or druid (Jaheira probably), aerie, and a pally of some sort as my pc. Thats my usual party format; 4 fighters, cleric or druid, and a mage. They can handle every situation and with 4 fighters i can maul large numbers of enemies and thus keeping my mage free from being attacked.

I zoomed (so i could get Solafein quickly) to the underdark this game and gave up after 3 shots at trying to take that baalor (i was level 10 i think, couldnt even hit him!). I ended up pick pocketing the lord of the gnome village for the gem. Adalon wasnt impressed. She then had the the audacity to blame *ME* for the destruction of the gnome city by the rampaging baalor!! I wasnt the one who dug up some 5000 year old demon was i?
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 12:19 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by dragon_lord:
I ended up pick pocketing the lord of the gnome village for the gem. Adalon wasnt impressed. She then had the the audacity to blame *ME* for the destruction of the gnome city by the rampaging baalor!! I wasnt the one who dug up some 5000 year old demon was i?
Weird....I never even knew that could happen. I thought the Svirfneblin had the Balor securely locked up?

I think the Balor got tougher when I patched & BaldurDashed my game; I don't remember him inflicting Fear with every hit. Good thing I had a Resist Fear memorized, and lucky me, he uses all his Hold gaze attacks at the very beginning of the fight, so Valygar, Anomen & Cernd could wait in the wings until they were all used up.