Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2003, 12:41 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Just to let you know, our Mod has been online for 24 hours, and it was just reset, and I've added MANY new items (Many are 'set' items) and lots of 'Unique' items only found on the Ironworks NWN Mod.

How do you find it, you ask? [img]smile.gif[/img] Here is all the info:
-----------------------------------------------------

* Server name "!!_Escape From Undermountain v8.2"
* Address "24.129.134.18" Port 5121
* Running game Escape from Undermountain
* Password No
* Character vault Local
* Character levels 1 to 20
* Player vs. player No PVP
* Enforce legal characters Yes
* Item level restrictions No
* One party only Yes

Info:
Escape from Undermountain is based on the actual AD&D Boxed set released in the early 1990's. Escape from Undermountain starts off in the Yawning Portal Inn and Tavern- then, you can enter the water well and reach the first level of Undermountain! This Module, when complete, will have over 70+ levels and areas, and will have about 100+ hours of gameplay! EFU is not just a Hack and Slash, it's a story driven adventure that will take you though many quests, adventures, puzzles and many secret areas never before seen in Undermountain. Join us, as we go down the water well, into UNDERMOUNTAIN! -- Visit www.ironworksforum.com to post on our forum about this Mod we have been making, and to find out when it will be online! -Ziroc This Mod will be on a dedicated server in Nov 2002, so keep an eye out for us! Escape from Undermountain starts out in the Yawning Portal Inn and Tavern. From there, you can purchase rights to enter the water well to get into Undermountain. The cost is 1GP and 1GP upon exiting the well. You may keep any treasures you find down there as well.

------------------------------

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 02:07 AM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Sorry to burst your bubble Ziroc, but I seem to have more problems with your module than most others. Besides that, I think you've done a great job putting this together (well the only two levels I've seen )
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 02:48 AM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Tried it earlier today for the first time. Also had problems logging in with my local character yet creating one on vault was fine - even though it was set to local chars being allowed. Eventually it allowed me after about 6 attempts, lol.

Obviously you put a good bit of work into the mod itself Ziroc, I liked the attention to detail as nothing bothers me more than mods with alot of large areas that have nothing in them. This was not the case here.

One thing I might suggest is to script chests and other containers to re-spawn their contents in after a given amount of time. I had fought some creatures that seemed to me like 'guardian monsters' but when I went to loot the stuff they were guarding it seemed someone else had beat me to it . Then another player informed me that he was seeing the same thing - empty chests everywhere.
Just call this script from the containers' Onopen field and it should work fine.

Hey it was good to finally check out the IW mod, keep up the good work!
Old 05-27-2003, 06:42 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Sorry to burst your bubble Ziroc, but I seem to have more problems with your module than most others. Besides that, I think you've done a great job putting this together (well the only two levels I've seen )
Well, 99% of the others are having a great time and playing on it for hours.. It's gotta be your setup. What troubles are you talking about? I test this Mod 10 times a day from 2 different PC's to make sure everything is smooth.

Old 05-27-2003, 06:46 AM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Tried it earlier today for the first time. Also had problems logging in with my local character yet creating one on vault was fine - even though it was set to local chars being allowed. Eventually it allowed me after about 6 attempts, lol.

Obviously you put a good bit of work into the mod itself Ziroc, I liked the attention to detail as nothing bothers me more than mods with alot of large areas that have nothing in them. This was not the case here.

One thing I might suggest is to script chests and other containers to re-spawn their contents in after a given amount of time. I had fought some creatures that seemed to me like 'guardian monsters' but when I went to loot the stuff they were guarding it seemed someone else had beat me to it . Then another player informed me that he was seeing the same thing - empty chests everywhere.
Just call this script from the containers' Onopen field and it should work fine.

Hey it was good to finally check out the IW mod, keep up the good work!
Totally agree. I am indeed going to add that next. What I am working towards, is a persistent world. Where everything resets after a few hours. The server has been packed with users all night last night and yesterday. I do try to add very deep details in every room. Also, if you're a thief, you actually GET XP when you remove traps. [img]smile.gif[/img] Lots of neat stuff.

Anyone see the bowing lady in the Tavern?

It's up now, with the new Forest area and I added 4 NEW [set] items. Part of sets I've made.

[ 05-27-2003, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Old 05-27-2003, 02:35 PM   #6
StigTC

Don't know if it's excessive lag because I'm on the other side of the atlantic or because you made a creation mistake, but when I was in there playing, my warrior took down enemies in groups of eight without them fighting back. They just stared menacingly at him, which really isn't that much of a challenge.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 04:38 AM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by StigTC:
Don't know if it's excessive lag because I'm on the other side of the atlantic or because you made a creation mistake, but when I was in there playing, my warrior took down enemies in groups of eight without them fighting back. They just stared menacingly at him, which really isn't that much of a challenge.
LOL! Yeah, sometimes when the server is up for a long time, it'll do this. It's a bug. But happens LESS when I am running it and reloading it manually every 5 hours or so. So I'll do that. I just saw that--the monsters just STANDING there... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Join in again, It'll also be faster, and with quick dialogues and fights again. (Gonna run it on my fast alienware instead of the 1.9Ghz laptop). That may have made fights slow or laggy too.

Old 05-28-2003, 08:26 AM   #8
StigTC

Played again, still not the greatest challenge for a level 20 warrior who is immune to everything but damage. Found a tough fight in bunch of water elementals, finally killed, just to find that there was no reward.
There's way too many unbashable chests.

AND YOU TOOK DOWN THE SERVER WHILE I WAS SLAYING DIRE SPIDERS!!!
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 08:34 AM   #9
Legolas
Jack Burton

I don't think you should start out with a lvl 20 character. Starting at lvl 1 may be a bit too difficult with all the encounters, but you shouldn't have problems starting at level 3 or 4 and working with a bunch of other adventurers. Item level restrictions are turned off, so that's no excuse either

You can rest everywhere and having to respawn occasionally is hardly a problem, it's a very friendly version compared to some other modules (you stay in the same spot, get to keep your equipment, hardly lose gold or XP...).
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 09:23 AM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by StigTC:
Played again, still not the greatest challenge for a level 20 warrior who is immune to everything but damage. Found a tough fight in bunch of water elementals, finally killed, just to find that there was no reward.
There's way too many unbashable chests.

AND YOU TOOK DOWN THE SERVER WHILE I WAS SLAYING DIRE SPIDERS!!!
It crashed [img]smile.gif[/img]

The chests are no bashable because then they couldn't respawn [img]smile.gif[/img] . I just added that last night.

I've added and CORRECTED many of the treasures for the bigger fights as well. I also enlarged the Fire Giant area, and once killed, his chests give out boss ranking treasures.

Did you reach level 7 or 8? If not, then you would have been in some REALLY tough fights. Elves that are in a camp in the underground forest--they scout in small groups around the camp to stand guard.

Also, the Priests of Malar are some badass guys too! [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, I have strewn throughout the levels LOTS of 'set' type items (rare as well as unique). Some of them, like the 'Guards Law' are deadly. [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you just saw level 1-4, you have yet to see 70% of the levels too. Once complete, you should start the game with a character of around level 4-7 and once you have gone through the entire game, be level 20.

I know I can't please everyone, but I'll try my best! [img]smile.gif[/img] The NWN Engine is extremely limited with placeables and such, but it's enough for now I guess.