Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2003, 03:53 PM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I want to continuoe my FMC-no reloads projet. Any tips...but at high level(s) the guy will be so buffed. I have also Tactics,Ascension...the usual.
So any tips?

Edit:"on Insane-it is the only way" Alson would say. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 06-18-2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 04:45 PM   #2
Vedran
Lord Soth

I've played solo FMT, and my mage side was the dominating one - spells provided the most fun. I was able to get 300+ Hit Points...

You don't have to memorize many ofensive spells, concentrate on defense (both with cleric and with mage). Especially because no-reload. Your primary concern is not to get killed, so play accordingly.

I, Boštjane, želim ti srečo...
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 04:45 PM   #3
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Let me put it this way, Xen: if you need tips for a no reloads game, then you are in trouble. If you really intend to do a no reloads game, then you MUST KNOW 99% of spells that enemies cast and which weapons they use and how you will protect against those.

The next thing is to think how to kill them.
Old 06-18-2003, 04:49 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
I've played solo FMT, and my mage side was the dominating one - spells provided the most fun. I was able to get 300+ Hit Points...

You don't have to memorize many ofensive spells, concentrate on defense (both with cleric and with mage). Especially because no-reload. Your primary concern is not to get killed, so play accordingly.

I, Boštjane, želim ti srečo...
[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img]
Eh Vedran hvala ti! Preberi Mail.
Thank you Leslie too you too.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:33 PM   #5
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Leslie:
Let me put it this way, Xen: if you need tips for a no reloads game, then you are in trouble. If you really intend to do a no reloads game, then you MUST KNOW 99% of spells that enemies cast and which weapons they use and how you will protect against those.

The next thing is to think how to kill them.
That is not 100% true because
a.)most enemy mages cast the same spell combinations
b.)there is (almost) always the cheesy cowards way out - i.e. make a run for the nearest area/room exit (maybe cast shadow door before just to be on the roleplaying safe side)

However it would be wise to be warded against potent offensive spells with good saving throws and a nice set of immunities. You can easily escape tanks but nobody can run from a horrid wilting (except he runs to the level exit).
Always try to have offensive spells ready which do not so much care about saving throws to minimize the luck factor. Have a ADhW scroll and a cloudkill wand for example. Also try to backstab mages who you don't have to talk to prior to the fight.

EDIT: No backstabbing for you. C means cleric doesn't it Well you know what I mean. Be invisible/sanctuaried (yeah cleric) and hit em hard before they get their protections up. Then get invis again and leave them with some area effect spell (cloudkill, ADhW, even stinking cloud). Now re-attack (with a huge advantage), dispel spell protections and magic missile em down.

[ 06-18-2003, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Faceman ]
Old 06-19-2003, 12:41 AM   #6
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I think it'd basically be the same as the F/M/T, with a few variations, because you don't have any Use Any Item (no Carsomnyr will suck tremendously), but make up for it with a better damage output from your spells (Physical damage by stacking Champion's Strength and Draw Upon Holy Might). Make sure taht you keep on Stoneskin/Shield of Harmony, yadayada. Try also not to get hit too often.

*Side note* Armor of Faith + Defender of Easthaven + Hardiness = 80% physical damage resistance. In a pinch, shapeshift to the Rat (Cloak of the Sewers) with the Defender of Easthaven in the off-hand. That gives 105% physical Resistance, which will buy you enough time to chug a few potions.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 07:18 AM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Thanks