Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2001, 01:06 PM   #1
deltim27

I have completed all the quests in Skull Castle but was wondering where the treasure vault Adrianna's key opens. I think I've already been in both vaults. Also is it worth crossing the room with the sliding panels in the filthty water. This looks very difficult and I'm worried about falling in the water. Thanks.

------------------
Mike
Old 03-15-2001, 01:50 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I don't think Adrianna's key really opens anything, though someone said it might be for the locked room in the Lich's study. Try it there and see if it works.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 02:07 PM   #3
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Re: the platforms and blades room. The blades do some fair damage, the water is poisoned, and getting across is difficult. There's one ladder up from the water that leads to the castle main area.

IMO, bypass this room - use the other route (northeast waterway) instead.

------------------
Rick
Beginner's Help, Hints & Walk-Throughs at The WWHAP
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 02:08 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It's not necessary to cross that room. The only thing on the other side is a chest that doesn't really have much good treasure. The water is poisonous, so all your characters will be poisoned if you swim.

The other side is the exit from the room where you find the Bone Key to open the Lich's chamber. You're better off going through the Labyrinth to exit.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 02:35 PM   #5
deltim27

The key did open a door to the Lich's study. I entered the water and was taking poison damage FAST. I did make it to the other side and opened the chest. I had to heal quick though. Thanks.

------------------
Mike
Old 03-15-2001, 02:45 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

deltim - THANKS!! Now I know what Adrianna's key is for!!

(always learning something new!)

Congrats too!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 03:33 PM   #7
deltim27

You're welome wyvern. Now that I got the Staff of Death I was excited about giving it to my mage. As it turns out my Zato Bo+2 which I pickpocketed off an Ice Elemental I summoned is better. It does 4-14 damage and is +2. Anyway, why do yoou give the shroud to the dragon. Don't you need it to clean the Mavin Sword and the Staff of Death? Also, I'm about to do Anephas' shrine and am confused on the treant seed quest. If I'm right you have to complete the ahrine going around Cet's tomb to get a seed. But the quest following "Magical Aegis" is in the shrine. Is this a mix up? Thanks.

------------------
Mike
Old 03-15-2001, 05:00 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Deltim: It is a MAJOR mixup, and just one example of the faulty design of this game...GRRRR

But there is a workaround. (Drops into "Kol" mode here...)

Go to the Brimloch Roon gate on the Enchanted Sea side. Jump to the wall. Walk south on the wall and jump onto the treetops. With some effort (and if you can stand the AAAHAHHHGGGG from the characters (or just turn down the sound)) jump along the tops of the trees until you get to the Lost Sea side. It's just a bit past Talrik's cove. Drop down to the Lost Sea from the treetops and find a piece of land. There's one around there where you can find 3 large Sand Crawlers (like the Bugs in the Boogre caves). This is a good place to cast "Create Portal."

Now you have a portal to the Lost Sea without going through the Anephas Shrine. You can go up to the Isle of Sands (make sure you get the quest to kill the Hydra from Duke Brinsly first!). After killing the Hydra, wander around the Isle of Sands. You should eventually run into some "Bark Horrors". Kill them and they drop Treant seads. These are the seeds that Sabastio is looking for.

When you're done, cast "Call of Home" to go back to Brimloch Roon.

Notice you need "Create Portal", "Teleport", and "Call of Home" (all Moon spells) before attempting this. "Create Portal" and "Call of Home" can be purchased as spellbooks in the Temple; and actually, if you want to do this only as a 1-shot deal, all you need is "Call of Home."

This is the only workaround I've found that will allow you to do all 3 Wizard guild quests.

-Sazerac
Old 03-15-2001, 06:15 PM   #9
deltim27

Sounds great Sazerac! There's only one problem. I can't jump on the wall. Please don't tell me I need Athletic skill. You are referring to the west port of Brimloch Roon, right? Thanks.

------------------
Mike
Old 03-15-2001, 06:50 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Athletics helps, but from what I can tell, Agility is best. Have your character with the best Agility attempt the jump. Look up and press SHIFT+0 (on the keypad) as you're standing near the wall.

The Brimloch Roon wall is a lot lower than the Valeia or Ishad N'ha ones...it shouldn't be too hard. Keep trying!

Hope it works. (Yes, the port wall..."sitting on the dock of the bay...wastin' time...")

-Sazerac