Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2002, 02:27 PM   #1
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

I've just opened my ToB box and reading the manual (I'm at work so I can't actually play the thing) - just got a quick question?

If you erase a spell from your spell-book, if you rescribe the same spell (or a different spell for that matter), do you get the XP again?
antonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 04:41 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

I would guess that you would, but I've never done that. Why not try it out and then let everyone know what happens?

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 04:44 PM   #3
Wedin

Yes, you will get the exp
Old 02-22-2002, 04:47 PM   #4
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Certainly would be a bit cheesy to keep doing it, but then I suppose far worse has been done. Of course, it would be most useful for a mage/thief with scribe scrolls [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2002, 07:07 PM   #5
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by antonius:
Certainly would be a bit cheesy to keep doing it, but then I suppose far worse has been done. Of course, it would be most useful for a mage/thief with scribe scrolls [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sir, I take my hat off. That is the absolute cheesiest thing I've ever heard. I wish I'd thought of that.

-- Nifft, beholding the power
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 06:08 AM   #6
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Nifft the Nimble:

Sir, I take my hat off. That is the absolute cheesiest thing I've ever heard. I wish I'd thought of that.

-- Nifft, beholding the power

Rather worryingly, it was the very first thing I thought of when I opened the TOB manual! The XP gain is low, but completely risk free, doubt I'd have the patience to do it often enought to make a difference.
Old 03-02-2002, 06:29 AM   #7
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Actually It isnt cheese.... its not using a bug in the game... so its not cheesy at all... if you think about it a Wizard that studies and learns a spell gains the experience of learning the spell but he forgets it..... so really that is a perfectly fine thing to do..... Cheese is killing dragons with Cloudkill when they're out of LOS [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 08:01 AM   #8
ZFR
Legion Symbol

quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
Cheese is killing dragons with Cloudkill when they're out of LOS [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]

why is THAT cheesy????????
Old 03-02-2002, 08:44 AM   #9
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
Actually It isnt cheese.... its not using a bug in the game... so its not cheesy at all... if you think about it a Wizard that studies and learns a spell gains the experience of learning the spell but he forgets it..... so really that is a perfectly fine thing to do..... Cheese is killing dragons with Cloudkill when they're out of LOS [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]

It all depends on the reason for doing it - there's a difference between removing and learning a new spell or just doing it repeatedly for the XP.
Old 03-03-2002, 02:18 AM   #10
Saltheart Foamfollower
Manshoon

But don't you only get XP when it is learned from a scroll. I did not think you received XP just from putting new spells in your book. Seems to me I remember getting XP from new scrolls.

I guess if you find a scroll of a spell you know, then you would get the XP if you erased the known spell and relearned it. Could that be what you mean?