Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2002, 07:08 AM   #51
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
Dismemberings , Knives ,Pitbulls , landmines, Ninjas , How much TV do you guys watch. ?
Almost never, i was speaking out of my own experience.[/QUOTE]Would it be possible for you to list your experiences of Pitbulls, Ninjas, landmines and, most especially, dismemberings?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-07-2002, 07:16 AM   #52
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Wow, sorry to have caused all the offence folks. Guess I should've put a [img]smile.gif[/img] at the end of my post (come to think of it I'll go do that now).
Yeah, I was meaning it as an exaggeration [img]smile.gif[/img] Jeeze, mutilation is almost as bad as execution.

Thanks for clarifying, hope there's no hard feelings [img]smile.gif[/img]
Just for the record, I am a very direct, practical, down to earth sort of person. I tend to read things in a direct and literal way, so if I see a post like that I will almost certainly assume that what is written is exactly what was meant. I have a warped and very lively sense of humour, but I find it difficult to tell when someone is joking if they are doing so in a 'deadpan' fashion! (Just ask any of The Collective about the winged termites ) I appreciate that not everyone communicates in the same way, but I do sometimes miss subtleties because of my very direct nature. It's a bit of a nuisance sometimes, I'm a crap liar too!
Old 08-07-2002, 07:30 AM   #53
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Wow, sorry to have caused all the offence folks. Guess I should've put a [img]smile.gif[/img] at the end of my post (come to think of it I'll go do that now).
Yeah, I was meaning it as an exaggeration [img]smile.gif[/img] Jeeze, mutilation is almost as bad as execution.

Thanks for clarifying, hope there's no hard feelings [img]smile.gif[/img]
Just for the record, I am a very direct, practical, down to earth sort of person. I tend to read things in a direct and literal way, so if I see a post like that I will almost certainly assume that what is written is exactly what was meant. I have a warped and very lively sense of humour, but I find it difficult to tell when someone is joking if they are doing so in a 'deadpan' fashion! (Just ask any of The Collective about the winged termites ) I appreciate that not everyone communicates in the same way, but I do sometimes miss subtleties because of my very direct nature. It's a bit of a nuisance sometimes, I'm a crap liar too!
[/QUOTE]Heh heh. Of course there are no hard feelings Epona m'dear [img]smile.gif[/img]
It's hard to pick up tone/inflection/sarcasm in written language. So I should really be taking more care to indicate when I am and when I'm not being serious in my posts.
It's all good [img]smile.gif[/img] I think we've all learned something here today kids. Just what that something is is probably markedly different from person to person but ah well. So long as we're learning.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:40 AM   #54
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
quote:
Dismemberings , Knives ,Pitbulls , landmines, Ninjas , How much TV do you guys watch. ?
Almost never, i was speaking out of my own experience.[/QUOTE]Would it be possible for you to list your experiences of Pitbulls, Ninjas, landmines and, most especially, dismemberings?[/QUOTE]I did, i wouldn't know about landmines, ninja's and especially dismemberings , but the pitbullstory is mine. I bet you would have enjoyed "a dismembering story",wouldn't you Donut ?

[ 08-07-2002, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: johnny ]
Old 08-07-2002, 07:53 AM   #55
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Almost never, i was speaking out of my own experience.

Would it be possible for you to list your experiences of Pitbulls, Ninjas, landmines and, most especially, dismemberings
The landmines were my advice. Wiring them up was part of what I learned in the military. Only we called them anti personell devices since landmines are illegal according to some silly set of rules for a freaking war. With $15 worth of materials and a little know how you can wire anything from a rock to a car sterio to an optical mouse to a fountail pen to explode on contact or with a timer.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:58 AM   #56
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
quote:

quote:

quote:

Almost never, i was speaking out of my own experience.

Would it be possible for you to list your experiences of Pitbulls, Ninjas, landmines and, most especially, dismemberings
The landmines were my advice. Wiring them up was part of what I learned in the military. Only we called them anti personell devices since landmines are illegal according to some silly set of rules for a freaking war. With $15 worth of materials and a little know how you can wire anything from a rock to a car sterio to an optical mouse to a fountail pen to explode on contact or with a timer.[/QUOTE]You sound like Tyler Durden [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2002, 08:16 AM   #57
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
quote:
Almost never, i was speaking out of my own experience.[/QUOTE]Wow , you must be really tough.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:19 AM   #58
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Almost never, i was speaking out of my own experience.[/QUOTE]Would it be possible for you to list your experiences of Pitbulls, Ninjas, landmines and, most especially, dismemberings?[/QUOTE]I did, i wouldn't know about landmines, ninja's and especially dismemberings , but the pitbullstory is mine. I bet you would have enjoyed "a dismembering story",wouldn't you Donut ? [/QUOTE]I'd give my right arm to hear one . [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2002, 08:20 AM   #59
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
quote:
quote:
Almost never, i was speaking out of my own experience.[/QUOTE]Wow , you must be really tough.[/QUOTE]Not me, the dog is, where are you getting at here ?
Old 08-07-2002, 08:27 AM   #60
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
You sound like Tyler Durden
maybe , but that guy was CrAzEeEe!!

[ 08-07-2002, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: The Hunter of Jahanna ]