Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2001, 01:28 PM   #21
Lioness
Jack Burton

Thank you Lady Z!!!
I've been thinking lately becuz I am on this site a lot, but not nearly as much as I wish I could be. so I was thinking when/if I go to a boarding school for high school, I can be on much much more! but then I wondered what if IW isn't here then? I mean it can't last forever, right? so anyway, I hope IW is here for many years to come!

Long Live Ironworks!!!

------------------

Official teaser and ranger of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe in GD
Old 07-24-2001, 02:10 PM   #22
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Of course it will last forever lioness! Worry not!
Old 07-24-2001, 02:11 PM   #23
Lioness
Jack Burton

Hi Lord of Alchohol!!!
Thanx!

------------------

Official teaser and ranger of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe in GD
Old 07-24-2001, 06:02 PM   #24
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

ahhh... what can i say ?? ive been here for more than a year (though i feel like ive been here my whole life)... so many things have happened in my life this time, and most of them i have posted here... ive made some really good friends here, and i can say that i love them and that they have helped SO MUCH. when you are alone at home, feeling sad, and you can talk to nobody in your real life it feels so good connecting and being able to post things here, or talking to friends in msn or icq or whatever.

everytime i connect to internet (and i mean the WHOLE TIME) i have a internet explorer here, i never close it.

i hope i will never leave this board, and that it will stay forever, coz its just too good to lose it.

------------------
"I wish my Angel was here... I fear nothing with her" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Old 07-24-2001, 06:12 PM   #25
Waluin

Like many, I've stumbled in here a rather unoriginal way, but with the same positive net result of discovering many new friends in my online family.

I was stuck on a section of baldur's gate II and asked about it. I think Cloudbringer swooped into my thread at some point and shanghai'd me into coming here and saying hello. The rest, I suppose, is history.

But I mean it when I say that this place is a lot like family, after a fashion. We often discuss very personal things and are extremely supportive of each other. I'm blessed and privaledged to be considered a part of it, albeit a relatively new kid on the block. Meeting you all is definitely a highlight of my summer, and I don't ever intend on leaving anytime soon.

Anyway, just my two cents.

------------------
"Creators the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators the creator seeks--those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the Creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest."

- Friedrich Nietzsche
"Thus Spoke Zarasthustra"

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-24-2001).]
Old 07-24-2001, 06:27 PM   #26
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Wow. It´s impressive how the internet can change peoples´ lives. I am looking forward to every evening when I can join this great community to exchange opinions and discuss every topic possible. I have much time now, so you will see more posts written by me. Greetings to IW members all around the world.

------------------
-UCANTZEECALIFORNIAWITHOUTMARLONBRANDOSEYEZ-
Old 07-24-2001, 06:40 PM   #27
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Geez guys, this thread is making me all weepy and silly! I keep thinking of all the first times I met you on the board, our first interactions and the nostalgia just sweeps over me. And the first time Ziroc posted to me...whew! I was so scared my 'spamming' and chatting on the old blue board would get me the boot from the forum and in he came with a whole lotta smileys and reassurances...and you, Wendy, telling me how wonderful it was to have another uh..slightly daft female to post with .... I knew I was going to be here a very long time then.

Everyone was so welcoming then that when we finally got to this board and had a bonafide board for conversation and discussion (not always directly game related), I just felt like I had to give something back to you all and to the board. So welcoming the newcomers became a mission. I am so pleased to see it took off and so many people joined in to make it a warm and inviting place for new posters... look at Waluin..still here despite the wacky crew.. or maybe because of it? LOL

And I will never forget how Memsy and Armie allayed my concerns of trolls and flamers very soon after I arrived. Memsy told me Ironworks didn't tolerate them and he and Armie pointed me to old threads that made it quite clear that it was true! THAT was a welcome discussion, to be sure. I'd had bad experiences elsewhere and hearing that made IW even more unique and welcoming!

This place is a very special one, no doubt about it.

Cloudy, in nostalgia mode again

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 07-24-2001).]
Old 07-25-2001, 06:19 PM   #28
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

bump for the mighty LadyZ
Old 07-25-2001, 10:06 PM   #29
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Thank you for that BUMP LofA, and I'll raise you a second BUMP

Will reply to everyone tomorrow who has answered this thread, so pleased at how many responses I have read

------------------
Old 08-09-2001, 11:07 PM   #30
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well... LOL... So much has transpired since my last post here.

I bet a lot of you are appreciating the Ironworks Forum much more than before. Absence makes the heart feel stronger. Heck, I swear, there is no forum anywhere on the entire Internet that compares to this place, in my opinion. I have always felt comfortable, and at home, here. Great frikken place too for asking gaming questions. You can post a question, and get tons of answers instantly, tis excellent, everyone here is excellent.

Thank you Dan for all your work moving servers. Had to be a huge Pain in the Ass.. And huh! Readyjoking "we are ready, hehe, just joking" BAH!!!! GRRRR..
G

------------------