Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2002, 07:17 PM   #1
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Why didn't they lock him up and throw away the key? full story

And what's with him trying to plead ignorance? Grrr...
Old 10-29-2002, 08:06 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Thats just...ugh! [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2002, 08:33 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
That's because it's a Dutch court dude, they can't convict you because they have a lack of cells overhere. Only really bad criminals get locked up. walk the streets with a kilo of cocaine and you won't go to prison, kill someone and you'll be out in less than 18 months, stuff like that. Oh, and those who actually ARE in prison escape all the time. It's a joke overhere.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:39 PM   #4
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
That's because it's a Dutch court dude, they can't convict you because they have a lack of cells overhere. Only really bad criminals get locked up. walk the streets with a kilo of cocaine and you won't go to prison, kill someone and you'll be out in less than 18 months, stuff like that. Oh, and those who actually ARE in prison escape all the time. It's a joke overhere.
Well, I suppose you should know! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2002, 09:08 PM   #5
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
No damage claims were filed with the prosecutor's office, but the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) did identify 55 victims of the Kournikova worm with a total damage of $US166,827.
Why would the dutch be pissed at him ?? After all he didnt infect any of their citizens with it.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:20 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

[img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

People who make viruses, no matter who they are, why they do it, where they live, what area they decide to infect, are usually considered a scum of the earth to most people who use the Internet all over the entire world.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-29-2002, 09:22 PM   #7
Downunda

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
quote:
No damage claims were filed with the prosecutor's office, but the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) did identify 55 victims of the Kournikova worm with a total damage of $US166,827.
Why would the dutch be pissed at him ?? After all he didnt infect any of their citizens with it.[/QUOTE]It's always US against them with you isn't it Hunter?
Old 10-29-2002, 09:31 PM   #8
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Nahhh , Downunda its not Us against anybody. From what I gather according to the article the virus barely affected anyone. 55 people is hardly cause for widespread panic. Also his punishment fit the crime according to the laws of the land he lives in. Who am I to second guess how another countrie deals with its criminals?
Old 10-29-2002, 09:42 PM   #9
Downunda

Sorry, I thought you were meaning that he would've got a harsher sentence if he had targeted Dutch citizens. My mistake [img]smile.gif[/img]

That number - 55 - is the number of "identified" victims. I'm certain that the actual number of computers infected with this virus would have been alot higher.
Old 10-29-2002, 10:01 PM   #10
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Does that mean, Hunter, that if the United States made it only a misdemeanor to defraud or vandalize the property of citizens of other coutries that you would support such a law. It sounds like a great idea. We could all go over to Amsterdam, burn down all the "coffee houses", come home and do 40 hrs. of community service. Maybe we could just go in for some pedestrian mail fraud or crash the computers in the Haigh. I don't think it will actually hurt anyone.
Sarcasm aside, I think that damage done to the international community should have greater reprecussions than that found in a local loop hole.