Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2002, 06:43 PM   #1
Deathcow
Elminster

i made a post on this before and got negative feedback, saying your party SHOULD affect your alignment. well listen to this...

in a multiplayer game today, some jerk came in and start randomly killing commoners and guards, causing two rangers and a paladin (lvls 10-15ish) to become neutral, then evil, in about 2 minutes. he thought it was funny...

obviously, this is a big problem. even though these occurances are few and far between, how would you feel if your character was messed up by some 12 year old lamer?

i have two complaints...servers that force you to join one big party, and the fact that you dont know other peoples' alignments.

for roleplaying purposes, party alignments are great. not everyone is a roleplayer, however, and seeing things like that is discouraging.
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 07:03 PM   #2
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I am with you deathcow. Just because you are part of a party doesnt mean you have to conform to it. I usualy play a lawful Evil character.The follow the rules , to a point . Now if I join a party of do gooder paladins it realy isnt fair for my alighnment to change to good. It is also pretty unrealistic.
Old 07-06-2002, 09:34 PM   #3
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

i had that happen to me last night and i pissed them off.im chaotic good so it didnt really matter to me.they where killing innocents and i was collecting the waterdavian creatures. when aribeth offeres to give you money say you dont want it then bam 10 points towards good.all their work for nothing.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote