Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2003, 09:48 AM   #1
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Right. So I killed Sendai and that dragon, beat Cyric's favourites in the pocket plane, and then spoke to Elminster who told me that I should speak to Saemon Havarian on how to get inside the monastery. The only problem is that there is no Saemon. I went to the lich cave, and the Smuggler's cave, but no Saemon! I have saved the smugglers from the monks before, so it can't be that... The only thing I can think of is that it's a bug, because when I enter the cave, I can, for a moment, still see that smuggler, and if I pause and click on him quickly, he tells me they're about to leave and that if I want to I should buy something then (the same dialogue that happens after I help them). And even if I don't do that Saemon still isn't there. So is this a bug or did I do something wrong? I know I can go talk to that couple about the key, but I'd still like to talk to Saemon. Does anybody know what's wrong? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 10:09 AM   #2
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

I dont quit remember this part but if you are certian that he is supposed to be in one area due to past experinces or from what elminster said than it is a bug. But if YOU ARE NOT CERTIAN were he is supposed to be than keep looking. Im sure there is a way to CLUA him in or maybe if you go install some pathces on black isle that specifically deal with seamon haverian. Why woul you wanna talk to him anyway!!
Old 06-09-2003, 10:19 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Rest in the Inn and go back to the Smuggler's Cave.

If that does not solve your problem, come back here. There are two other alternatives to get in.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 03:55 PM   #4
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Rest in the Inn and go back to the Smuggler's Cave.

If that does not solve your problem, come back here. There are two other alternatives to get in.
The thing is that it's been days since I was last in the Smuggler's cave. And the last time I was there wasn't that time when I saved the smugglers. I went there one more time later just to sneak a peek. So I don't think that resting or anything will help... But anyway, I tried to come a day later, and he still wasn't there. I know there are other ways - I found a key on the guard that attacked me, and I did speak to the barkeep, so by now I've already beaten Balthazor (sp). I just wanted to talk to Saemon to see what he'd say... But I guess it was a bug because the game also closed down for no reason about 5 times while I was fighting him. This hasn't happened before - the game only occasionally slowed down a bit, and that was usually when there were lots of spells, and usually when fighting a dragon. Ohwell, maybe I'll have a chat with Saemon the next time I play the game. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 03:59 PM   #5
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Oh, since I've already started a thread, does anybody know how to backstab? I have Jan and I've tried it several times, but it doesn't work. I make him hide into shadows, or drink a potion of invisibility, make him sneak up and then stab, but it's always just a normal hit. Am I doing something wrong? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thanks for the answers.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:08 PM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:
Oh, since I've already started a thread, does anybody know how to backstab? I have Jan and I've tried it several times, but it doesn't work. I make him hide into shadows, or drink a potion of invisibility, make him sneak up and then stab, but it's always just a normal hit. Am I doing something wrong? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thanks for the answers.

To backstabb Hide in Shadows or go Invisble and then go behind enemy and attack.You have to stab with thief weapon(sword for example)

Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 01:10 AM   #7
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:

To backstabb Hide in Shadows or go Invisble and then go behind enemy and attack.You have to stab with thief weapon(sword for example)

Wait, so I have to go behind the person? It doesn't work otherwise? But people have backstabbed me from the side before! Why does it work for them but not for me? And what kind of weapons work? Only knifes or do short swords work too? How about other swords (one-handed ones)? I have Jan have the ability use all weapons (or something similar) and it'd be really nice if some fancy Paladin (one "l" or two, hmmm) sword would be okay... [img]tongue.gif[/img] And, one more thing, does he have to go completely behind the person (almost touching them) and then stab? [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-10-2003, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Spelca ]
Old 06-10-2003, 02:14 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Only weapons that a pureclassed Thief can use without the aid of Use Any Item are valid for backstabbing. When you hit the person, it must be from the back at the time of impact.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 04:05 AM   #9
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Well, I just finished the game (YAY! ), so I guess I'll try that the next time I play it. But first I should finish other games... (I have a tendency to play several games at the same time. [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). Thanks for your help anyway.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:32 AM   #10
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:
Well, I just finished the game (YAY! ), so I guess I'll try that the next time I play it. But first I should finish other games... (I have a tendency to play several games at the same time. [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). Thanks for your help anyway.

Hmm.You are not the only one around here [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote