Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2006, 10:17 AM   #1
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Hay gang thought you GW players may want to come win some free stuff this weekend read the following and I'll see you this weekend TCB.

You must have a Copy of Factions and a PvE Factions made character to play and get to the starter Island.

Guild Wars Factions Dragon Festival

June 30, 2006 7:00 GMT – July 5, 2006 7:00 GMT

In the spirit of celebration, adventurers on the continent of Cantha are cordially invited to the Dragon Festival, a summer festival with all the trimmings!

After the destruction wrought by the Jade Wind, the newly crowned Emperor Hanjai (the eldest son of the assassinated emperor) oversaw the settlement of Shing Jea Island and the expansion of Kaineng City. The following summer, Emperor Hanjai dedicated a new Dragon Festival to commemorate the survival of the Empire of the Dragon.

Participants in the Dragon Festival can join in fun carnival-type games (Whack-A-Worm, anyone?), play new mini-missions and special PvP gameplay, undertake unique quests, and collect Asian-flavored treats such as red bean cakes and rice wine. Ceremonial Dragon Masks will be awarded to those players who are able to collect enough globes filled with the Jade Wind essence that changed Cantha two hundred year ago. The conclusion of the Dragon Festival will be marked with surprises true Canthans won't want to miss.

Taking place in and around the Shing Jea Monastery on June 30, 2006 at 7:00 GMT and running through July 5, 2006 at 7:00 GMT, the Dragon Festival is an exclusive weekend event for Guild Wars Factions created characters players only!
Old 06-27-2006, 03:22 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

On the GWO IRC channel, a rumor was born. One that would determine the coolness of life, the universe and everything.
The rumor is: Glint, Rotscale and Kuunie will have a mega-fight at the end. I'd so like that!
Old 06-27-2006, 06:52 PM   #3
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Ohhhh that would be cool.

*ponders if the new Rotscale will have his buddies to back him up*
Old 06-29-2006, 06:00 PM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Looks like the jade wind orbs are starting to drop from everything. Time to start farming around Shing Jea!
Old 07-01-2006, 12:11 PM   #5
Elif Godson
Dracolich

How's the new expansion? I havent had the spare cash to pick it up. Also, can I take you up on thay invite, it would sem all Ironworkers have left but me. And if I can get that, how the heck do I /quit the guild to join y'all?
Elif Godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:16 PM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

The only invite I had was a temp key for the Original game.

To quit a guild and join a new one you need to go into your guild menu and click the tittle gold button next to your name and select leave guild.

Factions has a quicker pace (does tend to drag on in the city) than the original game. Lots of new interesting skills and 2 new professions. Having a blast with the Dragon festival. Almost have enough orbs to get masks for all of my characters.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #7
Elif Godson
Dracolich

yeah, I found out how to quit last night, hehe Helps if I just look around at the interface. I will have to pick up factions soon, hopefully will have a bonus at the end of the month so I can check it out.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:27 AM   #8
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hey TDC - which faction are the Shadowsworn, and are you guys still very active at all?
Old 07-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #9
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

We are probably looking at a Kurzick faction. we probably have 4 people that are pretty active.

Im probably the most active out of all of them.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:41 PM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
We are probably looking at a Kurzick faction. we probably have 4 people that are pretty active.

Im probably the most active out of all of them.
I am a member of Wolfie's small guild, and we were looking to go Kurczik as well (two people through the mission and building K faction). Similar to you guys there are 8 of us, but with 4 pretty active. Maybe an alliance might be in order when we are both factioned - a couple of us are Aussies, and the other actives are in Scotland and Tennessee (we tend to do all our mission in Int districts with henchies making up numbers) so it would be cool to flesh out a party of 8 players a little more often.