Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2002, 04:55 PM   #1
Aragorn231
Welcomed New User

Does anyone know if it's possible to mix a Cure Poison with something? Reason I'm asking is because I've got so many of those and I'd like to make something more useful out of them instead of just selling them (they don't give that much of gold, now do they?).
Aragorn231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 04:59 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Nope, there's nothing you can merge with cure poison to make something else.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 01:20 AM   #3
Sylvain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

About potions, there's nothing about "creating" a potion in the doc. Is this possible anyway ?. I mean, by merging two potions or the like ... . Some1 knows ?.

Sylvain
Old 03-05-2002, 02:07 AM   #4
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Sylvain:
About potions, there's nothing about "creating" a potion in the doc. Is this possible anyway ?. I mean, by merging two potions or the like ... . Some1 knows ?.

Oh yes -- anyone with the Alchemy skill can merge potions. Some of them can make you a lot of money (or get you great potions at a fantastic discount because you make them yourself) while others are pretty useless. The formulas found are:
  • Lt. Heal + Bless = Guardian Angel (Alc 15) -
  • Lt. Heal + Mod. Heal = Hvy. Heal (Alc 15) $
  • Mod. Heal + Mod. Stamina = Pickmeup (Alc 20) $
  • Stink Bomb + Boom Bomb = Acid Bomb (Alc 20) $
  • Lt. Heal + Poison Red. = Cure Poison (Alc 30) $
  • Hvy. Heal + Cure Lt. Cond. = Cure Disease (Alc 40) $
  • Hvy. Heal + Hvy. Stamina = Restoration (Alt 50) $
  • Hvy. Heal + Cure Disease = Renewal (Alt 50) +
  • Flash Pwdr. + Sneeze Pwdr. = Pandemonium Pwdr. (Alc 50) !
  • Dessication Dust + Concussion Pwdr. = Skeleton Powder (Alc 75) -
  • Magic Nectar + Renewal = Resurrection Pwdr. (Alc 85) +
  • Fire Bomb + Ice Bomb = Canned Elemental (Alc 95) +
Legend:
  • - Completely useless. The ingredients are either hard/ to find/rare or else more expensive than the resulting item is worth.
  • $ Decent profit but nothing to write home about.
  • + Much better profit margin, almost superlative
  • ! Best value profit-wise. Ingredients cost you around 100gp, item sells for around 3000gp if sold to He-Li.
Old 03-05-2002, 02:21 AM   #5
Sylvain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

A thorough answer !. Thanks you very much !. But now, how did you find out about all this ?. By testing or is there some "reading" somewhere that could help ?. Also, can the mixing blow up like in Might & Magic ?.

Thanks again !.
Sylvain
Old 03-05-2002, 02:34 AM   #6
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Sylvain:
A thorough answer !. Thanks you very much !. But now, how did you find out about all this ?. By testing or is there some "reading" somewhere that could help ?. Also, can the mixing blow up like in Might & Magic ?.

I found part of it out by experimentation. Then I went looking for the recipes rather than waste hours doing something someone else already did. As a programmer, I believe in not reinventing the wheel. Of course as a gamer, I want to do as much as I can on my own. But in this instance I thought the time saved was worth it because it gave me more time to explore.

No, the merging never blows up in your face (in a certain NPC's face, yes, but not yours. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Another benefit is that mixing the potions actually increases your Alchemy skill. And casting identify afterwards raises your Mental skill. For the most benefit to your skill level, merge one potion to one potion. You get more experience mixing potions one at a time than several at once.

BTW, a lot of these hints can be found in the sticky topic at the top of the page. Not the walkthrough one -- the Hints one. The list I quote above is also posted there.

[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: Jem ]

Old 03-05-2002, 04:11 AM   #7
dale
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Jem:

• Hvy. Heal + Cure Disease = Renewal (Alt 50) +
  • Flash Pwdr. + Sneeze Pwdr. = Pandemonium Pwdr. (Alc 50) !
Legend:
  • - Completely useless. The ingredients are either hard/ to find/rare or else more expensive than the resulting item is worth.
  • $ Decent profit but nothing to write home about.
  • + Much better profit margin, almost superlative
  • ! Best value profit-wise. Ingredients cost you around 100gp, item sells for around 3000gp if sold to He-Li.

I like your comments -- I have something similar hand written on the copy I snatched a while back and printed out.

I put more emphasis on the chain leading to renewal potion. Those ingredients are more common than the ones for pandemonium powder. Flash powder seems to be the more rare. I started out with a lot in the early game, but soon merged it and sold the result.

BTW -- I'm over 2.2 million now. Getting near the end game. Time to visit a Mook.
Old 03-05-2002, 12:47 PM   #8
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Also, making the renewals from scratch is a better workout for Alchemy skill, since you have to create two heavy heals to merge with cure light condition. Best return is certainly with the pandemonium powder, but the most money comes from renewals. Braffit buys both for a good price.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 01:16 PM   #9
dale
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Nightowl2:
Braffit buys both for a good price.

Nightowl2

He'li likes me better

And since she buys and sells at the same price, I can also use her to store some stuff (but I would not trust her with semi-quest items).
Old 03-06-2002, 09:04 AM   #10
Aragorn231
Welcomed New User

quote:
Originally posted by dale:

And since she buys and sells at the same price, I can also use her to store some stuff (but I would not trust her with semi-quest items).

Wow, you're actually storing stuff by selling it to NPCs?! I never heard of this before, but it sounds nicer than what I'm doing. I'm putting my stuff in the chests in the backrooms of the public places, but this method is annoying because you need to open the chest to get something from it and then there's no way to close it again without taking all the items.
I'm also experimenting with the bank vault. I left one item there and will check later if it stays there. That should be a nicer storage room. Does anyone know if all items are safe there?

[ 03-06-2002: Message edited by: Aragorn231 ]

Aragorn231 is offline   Reply With Quote