Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2002, 06:52 AM   #1
Charmy
Dungeon Master

Hey again guys,

My party has been progressing well, we're in our level fives, about to class change my fighters to barbs, and I've made good progress through the crypt. I've jsut started to encounter coffins now, and when I killed one of the rotten mummies they dropped an Ankh for me. I've tried killing another mummy, but after saving and reloading multiple times, I got it to drop many things, including some cool looking rings and amulets, but it never released another ankh. Are all rotten mummies able to drop ankhs a small percentage of the time? What would be really ideal would be to ensure that every single mummy I fight drops an ankh, but I just want to know whether or not I'm wasting my time.

What other monsters drop ankhs? Is there a place to buy Ankhs? Is it the only way to boost stats beyond 18? Is there a monster/chests drop list somewhere on the web?

Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-17-2002, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: Charmy ]
Charmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 07:12 AM   #2
dragonteller
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Perversely, monsters drop the most ankhs in the final dungeon. The fire demons and pit demons in Cet's pyramid gave me tons of them. There is no predetermined prize list for chests, coffins, etc. that I know of, but resetting and trying your luck again with a chest is a good idea, especially one near a major monster. Of course, you want to save your ankhs until you hit 18 in a stat, then use them to get up to 24.
The Isis and Kerah statues usually have ankhs around them. If your character is the right class, he can invoke amulets (amulets of holding and silence, I think) to gain a stat increase.
As you progress to higher levels, the ankhs you find tend to be the ones most needed by your first slot character, eg a fighter who has not maxed out on strength will find more strength ankhs than spirituality ankhs.
Good luck, and keep us posted. I'm waiting for a new game to come via UPS, so your posts are the closest thing I've got to rpging lol.
dragonteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 07:15 AM   #3
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

You might want to read...Radek's post..in this thread. There's alot of great info on ankh's....
Old 07-17-2002, 07:58 AM   #4
Charmy
Dungeon Master

Thanks for your advice! I'm sure I'll be bugging you guys with more questions before long [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm glad to hear that the Ankhs start showing up regularly.. I was somewhat worried that I'd have to savor every single opportunity to pick up an Ankh, and reload the game a billion times everytime I found a coffin. Very good to know!

[img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]

Btw, out of sheer curiousity.. what epic RPG is on its way via UPS?

[ 07-17-2002, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: Charmy ]
Old 07-17-2002, 09:11 AM   #5
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Charmy, Check you quest npc"s they may have an ankh for sale.
Old 07-17-2002, 04:45 PM   #6
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

You may want to save the Anks. They are good when your stats get up to 20 and Anks are the only way to raise them up to 24. when stats get to 18 you can still train them.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:45 PM   #7
Charmy
Dungeon Master

Hmm! I didn't know that you could still train stats when they're at 18!

Fortunately the only ankh I've invoked so far is the Ankh of Will, which happens to be for a stat which cannot be trained.. so now my Oomphaz wizard has 19 will =) I hope I didn't make a mistake though.. if there IS a way to train will that I don't know about..

*crosses fingers*

Oh, also did my first class change today, got my Barbarians now.. definitely an easy quest.. Was surprised that the game remembered my previous class (Warrior) after changing..

Is there a way to become one of the base classes? Wizard/Rogue/Warrior/Priest.. Probably not.. but hey, if you can thats one more class for quick levelups and a nice way to learn the otherwise elusive Vine and Stone magics.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:01 PM   #8
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

There is no way to train 'Will'.....and you can not change back to any of the basic roles.......However...You can , 'Reset Adventures'. You would keep your stats, your gear, your gold and your current Role. It reset all Quests, you lose guild memberships, guild levels and all Quest Items.

But IMHO.....It's not realy worth it.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:43 PM   #9
Charmy
Dungeon Master

Hmm.. my Lizzord has reached 18 STR, but when I try to train STR further, the guild tells me that I cannot..

How is it that you can train stats up to 20 I wonder..
Old 07-18-2002, 03:52 AM   #10
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Change your lizzord to a warlock then start killing ratkins. Some of them drop small green amulets. If you invoke them they get your strength up above 18. My wizard & priest were 23 str when my fighters were only 18. I got one my my fighters to 21 str whilst he was a warlock for a short time.