Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2002, 09:51 AM   #21
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

I've tried buying everything Torin has to sell but he still wont take the dragon arrow. Since then I have revisited the Talriks hook quest with two other charactors, but I have encountered the same problem. Do you think it is because I have an outstanding quest at the same guild in another town. If so is there any way to get out of doing a quest once you have agreed to it.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:03 AM   #22
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by kev:
I've tried buying everything Torin has to sell but he still wont take the dragon arrow. Since then I have revisited the Talriks hook quest with two other charactors, but I have encountered the same problem. Do you think it is because I have an outstanding quest at the same guild in another town. If so is there any way to get out of doing a quest once you have agreed to it.
No - shouldn't have anything to do with any other outstanding quests from the other town. Is the character with the quest the one trying to give the arrow or the hook? Are you using GIVE and not "use"?

Hope we can get this figured out soon, kev!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 11:19 AM   #23
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yeah Wyvern, I've tried to give it, use it & sell it but he just doesn't want it. I can even sell him the other type of arrow & he'll buy but the quest requires the dragon arrow which he wont.
Old 07-17-2002, 04:36 PM   #24
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

You do know you don't sell the arrow to him you just give it to him. And did you bless the arrow or enchant it. he won't except it if you did do that.
Loumistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 09:39 PM   #25
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

After I bought everything in Torins inventory I may well have tried to give him an enchanted arrow. I will try to buy an unenchanted one in Ishad na. I will try the same thing with Talriks hook.
Old 07-18-2002, 03:41 AM   #26
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanyou thankyou thankyou, I bought another dragon arrow that wasn't enchanted & it worked. The same with Talriks hooks. Some people are real picky, try to give them something better than what they wanted & it's just not good enough, theres just no pleasing some people. I'll be more careful with what I enchant from now on.
Old 07-18-2002, 05:05 AM   #27
WillowIX
Apophis

Congrats!! But I don´t think they´re picky. If they start to except arrows that are better they would probably accept arrows that are worse. There´s got to be some meaning with the quest lol. Like collecting those serpent coins for the thieves guild, I´m SURE loooooooots of travellers buy those LOL! [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 09:23 AM   #28
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

How did you know I was collecting serpins. I've just been back to valaeia & ishad n'ha to complete some quests. Hopefully I dont have to back into the serpents temple again. My last quest is for the idol of aku. Correct me if im wrong but I think I will have to go back into the Boogres cave tomorrow. Shouldn't all good canadians be at work this time of day.
Old 07-18-2002, 11:29 AM   #29
rodizi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

"Good" Canadians don't play W&W. Not enough peacekeeping and political bickering.
rodizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 11:33 AM   #30
WillowIX
Apophis

Yes all GOOD canadians lol. But then I´m enjoying my vacation . Too bad about all the snow we´ve got otherwise I´d be able to work on my tan. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] And yes I´m afraid you got to go back to the boogre caves. And if you want more people to do the serpent coins guild quest you do have to return to the serpent temple. [img]graemlins/idontwanna.gif[/img] But all you have to do is run around with no meaning killing priests for their coins. Not all that hard

ps. What was this thread all about again? lol!
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote