Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2002, 09:32 AM   #1
Eg0[)e@th
Dungeon Master

Highly irritating. I'm in the Ice Temple in HOF mode. There are doors - open doors, mind you - that my characters refuse to walk through. The teleporting stairway is one of them. There was another doorway that was one way. My monk and some summoned Apocalyptic Boneguards went in and couldn't get back out no matter what I did. I ended up having to reload. Anyone else having problems like this?

I patched to version 2.01 (091311) according to the Options screen.
Old 11-30-2002, 02:12 PM   #2
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Have you tried switching difficulty just to get through the door/stairs?
Old 11-30-2002, 05:15 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I got those bugs too sometimes, and not only in the ice temple. When it happen I reload my game.
Old 11-30-2002, 07:02 PM   #4
Eg0[)e@th
Dungeon Master

I found a solution. Not a fix, but a solution. It requires cheating. I enabled the cheat console and typed "ctrlaltdelete:hans()" and teleported everyone to the location of the cursor. It's pretty sad when I have to cheat to bypass glitches.
[img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2002, 03:45 AM   #5
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

I had this problem in Oria's room... how are you supposed to kill her when all but one guy is stuck inside the room. However... I did kill her, with my fighter outside and everyone else pelting her with missiles/spells. Then I managed to get them all out. I was at it for ages... I kept on trying new angles, and in the end, I discovered that it is easier if you have a run-up first...
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Callum Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 06:20 PM   #6
Eg0[)e@th
Dungeon Master

I also found that if several characters get stuck in a room and you instruct all of them to exit at the same time, one character gets pushed through. Works great until there's only one left. I couldn't get my mage through no matter what, so I had to resort to cheating.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:31 PM   #7
Aredendra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, so I tried pushing my characters through (happen to be having the same problem) and it's not working so I'm resorting to cheating. Shitty. Anywho, I wanted to note that I never had this problem the first time 'round I played the game, but then the first time, I never uncovered that center area that leads you to the second level steps in the Ice Troll room. For some reason, I couldn't find the door *rolls eyes*

Anywho, I'm curious, what key are you supposed to use to open that second level door anyway? I have Cathin's key, I have Lysan's, I have both Aurlite symbols I could find... I'm thinking this is probably another glitch because when I tried to pick it with my theif, it never acknowledged that I even tried.

One other thing, where do you insert that code/enable cheating? I'm getting sick of this fast.

[ 12-03-2002, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Aredendra ]
Old 12-03-2002, 03:17 PM   #8
Eg0[)e@th
Dungeon Master

You have to enable the cheat console first using Config.exe. For me it's in C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Icewind Dale II. After you've enabled the cheat console you can bring it up in the game by pressing Ctrl + Tab. Type "ctrlaltdelete:hans()" into the console (minus the quotes) and when you hit enter the selected characters will be teleported to the location of your mouse cursor.

As to the second level door . . . wich one(s)? It may not be a key at all. The only access for two locations is via the painting of Kuldahar and its stairway.
Old 12-03-2002, 03:41 PM   #9
Lord Corwin
The Magister

Aredendra To open the door:

You probably need to use the prism cannon to open the door. try firing it in each direction. Just make sure you don`t fire it due west (think it was west) as the beem bounces back and fries the cannon. (there are ways to fix it if this happens though). Also there is one mirror that you can change the angle of.I`ll leave it to you to find out wich though.

[ 12-03-2002, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Lord Corwin ]
Old 12-03-2002, 05:12 PM   #10
Aredendra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Egodeath- thanks for the help [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lord Corwin - I'm talking about the stairs that lead *to* the second floor. Can't use the canon when I can't get down there. It's the large circular room where there were a dozen Ice Trolls and a door in the center of the floor. Needless to say, because of this stupid glitch I can't enter the staircase by the Kuldahar painting, either, so there's no real way for me to get down there.