Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2003, 03:34 AM   #1
CheeseMan
Dungeon Master

For the past 3 1/2 hours I've been trying to play a multi-player game with my friend using GameSpy Arcade. I can't host a game because i have a firewall on my computer and whenever i tried to join a game it told me that it couldn't connect. I tried everything from uninstalling HOW to installing the latest patch, to moving the directories around, and nothing worked. I was just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and knows how to fix it. Right now I'm pretty sure that it's my firewall so if anyone knows how to get around it that would be very helpful.

Thanks.
CheeseMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 07:20 AM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

if its your firewall then just switch it off. DO u have the same version of IWD ass your friend, like if one of u has HoW and one doesnt it wont work, or if one of u has a patch that the other one doesnt it wont work. After you've checked this and if it still doesnt work u could try playing it without Game spy. Tell us what happens
Old 08-08-2003, 10:20 AM   #3
CheeseMan
Dungeon Master

We both have TotL, so I think we're good on versions. And we did try to play without GameSpy, but still got the same message (which basically said that it couldn't connect, without giving a reason). I'm pretty sure its the firewall, but I don't know how to turn it off, or even where to find it.
CheeseMan is offline   Reply With Quote