Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2004, 09:01 PM   #1
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I was taking the 2 of them back to Gen Yamir when I ran into 3 Ens Spiders. The 2 of them got webbed. I ran on after the fight and Drazic became unparalyzed first. He immediatly stopped the party and left, as though Rodan was not there, even though he was; just paralyzed. I got the 100k exp then Rodan came out of it. He left too 'cos Drazic wasn't there. I re-reruited Drazic who left again 'cos now Rodan was out. I just reloaded, but I think there's a chance to cheat on some serious exp here, 'cos everytime they join and leave you get the 100k. Some of you might want to do some experimentation on this if the opportunity arises.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:16 PM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Well, if that happens, you can intentionally KO one of them by overloading and running...
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 09:24 PM   #3
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I was just running back to Gen Yamir after blowing up the ship. I think Drazic fell unconcious again and Rodan took off again. He would even re-join the party even though I had Drazic with me. I reload and made sure he didn't fall asleep again. I went to Yamir anyway the first time but weird things happened.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:20 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

I hated those caves and always had a portal set near Yamir for a quick trip back after blowing up the ship. So never had that problem. But it certainly is very strange, and I don't think anyone's ever mentioned this one before.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 01:42 AM   #5
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Variol, I think you found a bug in that quest. Good to push the limits of story-line, but you can get scorched by being to non-linear in expectations. And yes, I don't know what I just said!
Old 09-04-2004, 05:01 AM   #6
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Oh Ziggy you crack me up; even at 6am!

You're right Nightowl2 (and where have been away? ..havn't seen you post much lately) I really don't like the caves either, but I have only 2 Priests (now turned fighter since I got 2 Light Swords lvl21) and 1 Portal is set at Ferro and the other at the Telep. in Martins Bluff.
I'll try some experimenting ans see what happens. Hey Flamestryke, do you know anything about this?
Old 09-04-2004, 08:53 AM   #7
Flamestryke
The Magister

Well, it depends. When you tried to get Rodan back in the group did you wait until Drazic was conscious again? I ran them to Mt. Gigas Peak once and had a little altercation with ensnaring spiders along the way. They were both paralyzed at the end of battle. I didn't bother with curing them of it and as soon as I hit the peak Drazic quit the party and parked himself right in front of them.

Couldn't squeeze around him and he would not rejoin. Finally Rodan was no longer paralyzed and Drazic, after his windy "what we are doing is important" speech finally rejoined the party.

On the way back this time Drazic gets paralyzed and Rodan is ok but he starts to complain about "where is Drazic"? Duh! Standing right next to you fool. He quits, we have to wait for Drazic to revive and Rodan was finally coaxed back in to the party.

Since that fiasco I do what was mentioned already, set a portal at Yamir and wash my hands of those two as soon as I possibly can. Not to mention its handy to have a portal there so you don't have to hear Glumph run his mouth!

In my defense I have to say this happened with my solo Rogue so no portal and fresh out of Cure Paralysis Powder. I mean what the heck does a solo need cure para for anyway?
Old 09-04-2004, 10:24 AM   #8
Nightowl2
Galvatron

I'm around, Variol. Just haven't had much to say, as it's been slow here and others have usually jumped in and done a good job.

In your place, I'd give up the Marten's Bluff portal temporarily and set it by Yamir, then return to the Bluff and set it again. With the trap door open, it's easier than trying to reset the one at Ferro. Especially if the Rapax are mad at you

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 11:26 AM   #9
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Yeah, you're right about the portal.

Rodan would not join again after he left. It may have been because I had just finished destroying the Savant ship. He just kept saying the same thing as when you talk to him after he leaves the party post Yamir chat.
I actually went to Yamir anyway just for curiosity sake. Rodan was not there but was talking when Yamir asked if we got Savant. I went back to the spot I left him (nor far away) and he wasn't there either?! I wonder if he would have been back in prison? Drazic didn't seem to care that he wasn't there at all?
Old 09-04-2004, 12:55 PM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

There's a bug where if one of them left your party and you go into a new loading area. When you return you can never ever find him again.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote