Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2002, 04:10 PM   #21
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Enjoy learning the Kimura lock...and how to defend against it

Old 11-13-2002, 04:14 PM   #22
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Im a practioner of Japanese Jui Jitsu and have bridged into Brazillian and it is a lot of fun, and that is how it should be. If you are in the arts to be hurt then you are in it for the wrong reason, which is an understatement. I have had a few students like this that are into it for the "pain" and I quickly remove them from my Dojo. Now there are schools out there tha will be more then happy to oblige your senseless need but I think you are foolish to do this and if you are doing it because frinds dared you or whatever it just shows that you are of low charecter and moral base. I know all about peer pressure but have a brain and think for yourself before your friends get into a situation you cant back out of. With friends like that you dont need any enemies.
Old 11-13-2002, 04:17 PM   #23
Lord Shield

you will have plenty of chances to be hurt in your lifespan without looking for it - is stupid to go for that reason

I agree with Elif - if anyone i taught had come for that reason they'd be out on their ear

Old 11-13-2002, 04:19 PM   #24
Sio

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
you will have plenty of chances to be hurt in your lifespan without looking for it - is stupid to go for that reason

I agree with Elif - if anyone i taught had come for that reason they'd be out on their ear
What is that you teach LS? Im afraid I dont know
Old 11-13-2002, 04:21 PM   #25
Lord Shield

i used to teach Bo Jitsu. the unarmed styles i've done i never bothered with instructing lol!!

no real money in it though so i have to suffer being a programmer for a living

Old 11-13-2002, 04:23 PM   #26
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Sio:
What is that you teach LS? Im afraid I dont know
He's a black belt in buggery. And now heres a armbar from the guard

Old 11-13-2002, 04:26 PM   #27
Elif Godson
Dracolich

How true on the money aspect, unless you run a scam. Im an acocuntant by trade atm working on being a web designer, but I teach 2 nights a week at big cost of 20 $ a month and I dont require the students to have a Gi, sometimes I rpvide them, Good will and Salvation Army are great resources [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2002, 04:44 PM   #28
Lord Shield

yep - i didn't bother with unifmrs - training was informal and for friends anyway - I just happened to like it

I got my brohter interesteed in martial arta awhile back - spent 2 weeks intensive training him up 3 levels worth of Wing Chun LOL!!! he joined my WC class then followed me when i moved onto Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2002, 04:50 PM   #29
Elif Godson
Dracolich

sweet, I have always wanted to learn more about wing chun. I studied
Sien Chuan or Mang Chuan for a while whch has WC in it as well. I liked the Chinese arts fluidity and variety. A buddy of mine got into Monkey style and even got to train with Paulie Zink. Cool stuff [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]