Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2002, 06:11 PM   #51
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Hi, all. Elif, LoA, about a year ago we did an extensive remodeling to our house, and we are still reeling. Cost twice the estimate, took four times the time, you feel invaded, and finally it's over. Never again! Well, I could use a new kitchen. And the upstairs bath needs re-tiling. And the little downstairs bath needs a new sink...naaah!
Galadria, did you have to move out while the work was done? I've been on a couple jobs where that pretty much had to happen. Mainly on the add a second floor thing. And yea it will make a mess of your house for awhile,LOTS of dust. I mainly do new construction
Old 04-19-2002, 06:43 PM   #52
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Hopefully RBF wont be TOO occupied playing Lunar and we will fit in a Kickass game of Dungeons and Dragons! COME ON DUNGEON MASTER! My new boots need to be pushed to their limit!
Old 04-19-2002, 06:43 PM   #53
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

No, LoA, we didnt. It was: Replace 16 windows, including new framing, ne2w curtains and blinds, Fix the roof(leaked), re-tile the shower upstairs, several new light fittings and ceiling fans, re-wire several rooms, a new range top, and paint the whole house and garage. Nearly went out of my mind.
See, uss, that's why I kill worms for recreation. And Tretorns. I'm almost 11th level for Nameless and Morte, and Annah is 12th level Thief.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 04-19-2002, 07:45 PM   #54
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
No, LoA, we didnt. It was: Replace 16 windows, including new framing, ne2w curtains and blinds, Fix the roof(leaked), re-tile the shower upstairs, several new light fittings and ceiling fans, re-wire several rooms, a new range top, and paint the whole house and garage. Nearly went out of my mind.
See, uss, that's why I kill worms for recreation. And Tretorns. I'm almost 11th level for Nameless and Morte, and Annah is 12th level Thief.
Window replacement can be a pain in the buttox, as I guess you know lol. A couple years ago I was at my sisters and they wanted a shower tiled....cost them over $4000 for this TINY shower! Of course my sisters the "Martha Stewart" type lol much to my brother-in-laws chagrin. Good thing he is handy with tools is all I can say. She keeps him busy. Hey! Isnt Martha from Texas? Are you really Martha Stewart Galadria? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2002, 08:48 PM   #55
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LOL, no LoA, Martha is from New England, someplace. Her taste is much too good for us simple Texans. She gives me massive inferiority complex. Attalus is not too handy with tools, except knives, clamps, etc. He can hang a towel bar, and that is about it. But, he can removeyour appendix and other assorted organs, so not totally useless with his hands. [img]smile.gif[/img]
EDIT" Aaah, what's that awful thing that appeared for my avatar?????

[ 04-19-2002, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Galadria ]
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 04-19-2002, 09:01 PM   #56
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Hey, Galadria, check out my new signature pic. Ha! What is that thing? It looks like a ruptured Nazgul.
Old 04-19-2002, 10:05 PM   #57
Lioness
Jack Burton

Boo!

heeheehee...
Old 04-19-2002, 10:12 PM   #58
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
LOL, no LoA, Martha is from New England, someplace. Her taste is much too good for us simple Texans. She gives me massive inferiority complex. Attalus is not too handy with tools, except knives, clamps, etc. He can hang a towel bar, and that is about it. But, he can removeyour appendix and other assorted organs, so not totally useless with his hands. [img]smile.gif[/img]
EDIT" Aaah, what's that awful thing that appeared for my avatar?????
Darn and my appendx is already gone, sorry Attalus Chinese docs tooks it out when I was 11 [img]tongue.gif[/img] And no Martha? ~shock~ Dont make me send my sister down there!
Old 04-19-2002, 10:13 PM   #59
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

ACK! $4000 to tile a shower? YIKES! Sorry, I'd go with fiberglass! Call me crazy but I would rather add a garage than spend that kind of money on a tiny shower!

Galadria,... shudder.. that's a lot of inside stuff that must have driven you nuts and taken forever to finish! I had ONE room completed that had been roughed in when my house was built and it took a few months,made a fair amount of mess and came in a little over budget but it's the nicest room in my house now! Hmmm.. anyone wanna paint my bedroom?
Old 04-19-2002, 10:18 PM   #60
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
ACK! $4000 to tile a shower? YIKES! Sorry, I'd go with fiberglass! Call me crazy but I would rather add a garage than spend that kind of money on a tiny shower!

Galadria,... shudder.. that's a lot of inside stuff that must have driven you nuts and taken forever to finish! I had ONE room completed that had been roughed in when my house was built and it took a few months,made a fair amount of mess and came in a little over budget but it's the nicest room in my house now! Hmmm.. anyone wanna paint my bedroom?
hmm...I'd offer to, but after the attempt romey and I made at painting the cafe.. I don't think my offer would be appreciated. It was all his fault though [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]