Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2004, 04:48 PM   #61
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Sayn had just been stepping off in the direction of Waukeen's Promenade when she and Xiang were knocked down flat by some idiot berk barreling around like a blind man being chased by a swarm of wasps. Unfortunately she was too stunned to maim the fool, but on the other hand she had been lucky in that the fall had not loosed her hood from her head. As soon as the rogue had dashed off, Sayn's eyes snapped to her companion's hand, which now held a gold pouch. She sent one last glance back in the direction the man had taken, then smiled, dusted herself off, and offered Xiang a hand in getting up. "Well, that will solve some of our money problems. Let's be off, shall we? I reccomend in the sake of spite we spend that gold before the fool returns for it."
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:28 PM   #62
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Markul

Standing in a crowd that was busy moving away from the stampede of guards chasing a street thief, Markul stood and watched with the eyes of a male moon elf the hooded lady leave the door of the tavern followed by her new foreign friend and smirked as they were barreled into by the aforementioned thief. With his elven eyes, he noted the passing of something into the hand of the latter lady before he darted off again. The guy was actually good enough to escape without being shot by that elf-lady's magic bolt. He called her an elf. It was the only thing that made since. He had met alot of people in his life, and this one...hooded or not...had to be an elf. He watched with anticipation to see where their path would lead them now.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:58 PM   #63
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> Yay, Cyril's here!! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] Thanks for dropping by

IC>>>
Glancing about her dusty shoulders, she glared in the direction of the clumsy lout that had run them down like a rolling boulder. What had he called her again... toots?! It did not matter that she was not certain of its meaning per se; the tone of his voice had settled it ~ If I ever see him again... ~ Her jawline tightened, and knuckles cracked.

Sayn's words were of little comfort, though. Too often had she seen such 'hit and run' incidents, and she wondered if her travelling companion knew the implications of their newly acquired bounty ~ I suppose she does... and is confident of getting away with it. ~ The annoying tugs at her conscience would not be swatted away and she grimaced slightly as she faced her friend ~ She might not think of me as one, but I sure do, of her...

"Let's go then." ~ She spoke briefly, reaching out to grip Sayn's wrist and beginning to drag her into action rapidly ~ "I've no qualms about spending this, we've to do so before the guards or owner turn up to arrest us."
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 10:46 PM   #64
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Sayn shrugged and quickened her pace. "I doubt they'd suspect us, but as you wish." She then gestured to a narrow road she knew lead to the promenade. "This way, I do believe it's faster. Less traveled by, anyway." There was no trepidation fueling her voice or step.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:59 PM   #65
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Nodding, she advanced without hesitation, not wanting to voice her doubts. The sun gave a lazy yawn as the two of them crossed the narrow path and onward to the Promenade. The streets were certainly still gay with activity, as ever. Stray dogs halted to let themselves be petted by squealing urchins, well-muscled warriors posed to the delight of swooning ladies of fashion, exhibitionists demonstrated their powers of pleasing with alacrity. Occasionally, a filthy beggar would moan “Spare some change, please”, only to be shoved away by swaggering dandies, to the laughter of their girlish companions. It seemed to Ji Xiang that the bazaar was beckoning to them to make their last purchases before the day was ended, and another one begun.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:01 PM   #66
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Markul

The elf saw the two ladies making a pathway in a determined destination, and opted to follow. He was just a fool for curiosity, and the hooded lady certainly was reeking of curiousness.

He kept a respectable pace behind them, as to not appear to be aware of their pace ahead of him. He thought about whistling a tune, but decided against that, as the curious one had those sensitive ears and might recognize his off-key tone.

As he walked however, he enjoyed his stroll and spoke greetings to passerby that met his gaze. Up ahead, the two ladies were keeping their pace towards some unknown desire. He hoped to be able to learn this one's secret soon enough so he could put this puzzle to rest. When one is a Shifter, one frequently looks for trouble to keep one's sanity and lust for life on the edge. Finding interesting things about the world and the beings that inhabit it was the only thing worth living for.

Finally, he saw where they were destined. The shops, to purchase wares. Of course...it made sense. They needed to stock up before they went somewhere.

[ 01-12-2004, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-16-2004, 09:37 PM   #67
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Sorry I wasn't around guys... Very busy with school this week. Three day weekend though! All I've got scheduled for it is a bit of driving practice and the first six chapters of A Tale of Two Cities, so I should be a posting maniac as usual.)

Sayn made her way past countless vendors before finding the store she wanted: the adventurer's mart. Though she was fairly certain that even with their newly aquired funds she would not be able to afford anything extrordinairy, expensive, or magical, she knew that this place would cater to all of her needs in rope, ink, and discount alchemical components. With daylight rapidly fading, she figured it was best to stop here as opposed to browsing through countless peddler's stands in search of bits and scraps.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:10 PM   #68
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> I can only guarantee to be around for the next 2 hours. After that, I have a haircut, followed by dinner and watching play with my friend. Tomorrow is probably out, as I need to go to the temple to offer my prayers and incense to my maternal grandma who passed away last year.

IC>>>
Ji Xiang studied the assortment and spray of ornaments at the mart, then at the characters within it ~ They don't seem very friendly to me. ~ She clutched her flute closely, strolling about and stopping occasionally when an item caught her interest ~ Now I understand the advantanges of wearing a hood. ~ Her gaze unwittingly ended upon Sayn, who clearly had an eye for useful items ~ I'm glad she's found something she likes, at any rate.

Motioning to the grumpy old gnome growling at her silently, she pointed to a white hood neatly folded and placed on the sturdy table.

"That'll be 20 gold pieces!"

Her lips curled at the bark and her forehead creased.

"Don't be a damned fool, Bodwa! Treat the lady nicely!"

The old gnome's face darkened further before he turned back to her, obviously frustrated ~ "That costs 20 gold pieces, ma'am." ~ There was a deliberate cough again, and he grimaced ~ "Please."
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 10:24 PM   #69
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Markul

With his elven eyes and ears, Markul studied the human that was traveling with the hooded one. It was his greatest desire to find out more about that elf, but he realized that she was too closed off to allow passage for inquiry. But the Eastern human was in her circle now. hmmm he thought...for what if he were to win over the trust of the human, so as to get in good with her, maybe that would be progression towards his elf-lass.

He darted behind an older building and hid behind a large barrel. Moments later, a human stepped out into the light. He was 18 years of age, soft features and the light reflected in his eyes like diamonds. In fact, in the way that Markul fashioned himself, one would think that he and the lady that he was approaching were family...maybe siblings. He had successfully mimicked the Eastern lady in what would have been her male version...but altered a few aspects as to take away this apparent fact. His nose was more rounded. His ears were not lobed like her's, and the setting of the eyes were a bit different, yet her eyes themselves he kept, just as she had them. Magnificient and fiery. He was a young and exciting young man, whio suddenly had an appetite like none could imagine. Yet he suppressed this urge, as it was not necessary to eat for a while longer. When he did, he'd have to keep it low-key, and then transform into a smaller personage later so that he could do more eating. Halflings were so easy to do in those times.

He approached the lady as she was making a purchase on an item, and said,

"Excuse me, lady...but...I must speak with you."
Old 01-17-2004, 10:55 PM   #70
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Sayn swayed quietly from one end of the store to the other, tucking various small items into the crook of her arm. Ink, candles, a few empty vials and components to make a small variety of potions, oil and a new lantern... The tiefling fastened a coil of rope over her shoulder then made her way back to the front of the store to make her purchases. She set the items down on the counter then looked up at the clerk and smiled.

"Good afternoon Riebald."

The half-elf studied the hooded woman critically for a moment then grinned broadly.

"Well I'll be! It's been a while since I've seen you, Miss Sayn."

"Indeed it has... So long in fact that this is the only place in the entire city I readily recognize."

"Well, that's understandable. Last time you were this far south Neverwinter was a log cabin and some cows."

"Mmm, yes I suppose that's right. Of course last time I was this far south you were still struggling with getting enough facial hair to shave."

"Ahhh Sayn, don't remind me..."

"And why not remind you of your youth? You've aged absolutely terribly."

"Sharp tongued as ever, my lady. Though I'd remind you that I'm not the one who can boast about witnessing the birth of Elminster."

The two of them exchanged highly amused grins. Then Riebald inquired, "So what can I do for you, my friend?" Sayn gestured to the items laid before them.

"All of this in a satchel, if you would."