Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2001, 04:24 AM   #1
scalawag
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I haven't seen mention of the error message I get as my game locks up each time I try to start a new game : Deep 6: Malloc Error [size = -247720200 Bytes]
My system: Athlon 1.2Ghz
256MB RAM
30 Gig HD (plenty free)
S3graphics ProSavage Vid
Win98SE
Has anyone seen this error message--help please
scalawag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 08:56 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, scalawag!!!

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?
Does it lock up before the game loads at all, or when you click on the play the game option in the opening screen?
Are you running in software mode - or haven't you been able to get that far into the game?
What version of DirectX are you running?

You might want to cross post this to Saz's techie help desk thread. Saz has solved many problems of a similar nature. I hope he or the others on the board with far more technical expertise than I will figure out what is going wrong.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 04:19 PM   #3
scalawag
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the hello. The game freezes when I choose play option from opening screen. I have Directx8 which I've heard may or may not be a problem. I haven't seen anyone describe the deep6 error message (I've had a few different ones in the numerous times I've un and re-installed). Do you know what I'm referring to?
scalawag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 05:11 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

scalawag -

You might try installing DirectX 7 (read the Best Tips thread for information on that - I believe it is on page 3). That might make the difference.
If I catch Saz online - I'll point him at your posts and see if he can't give you much better help!

Wyv
Old 06-24-2001, 10:52 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

scalawag -

You have not been forgotten! Saz has been very busy. I will be chatting with him later today and will ask if he can read over your problem and suggest some solutions! Thank you for your patience!

Wyv