Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2001, 09:51 AM   #1
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

I decided to buy a new PC at the weekend and now have a terrible problem. To save pennies I done a part exchange deal which knocked a third of the price off the new PC. The problem is that they collect my old PC when they deliver the new one. I currently have around 60 digital camera photo's and about 4 or 5 saved BGII games which I can't afford to lose. However, I don't have a CD writer and my brother has recently busted my floppy drive(git) so I can't transfer anything to disk. Other than saving everything in my E-mail account, which will take forever, can anyone think of a quick, cheap solution(The PC is being picked up on Monday).
Old 08-29-2001, 10:01 AM   #2
Rikard

er i don't know how much this costs but
Not sell your harddrive
and place your old harddrive in you new computer (with or without a extra new harddrive)
This also gives you more diskspace

------------------

OMG I have no Arms
Wait I don't have a body either

[This message has been edited by Rikard (edited 08-29-2001).]

Old 08-29-2001, 10:07 AM   #3
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Sorry Rikard, No can Do. The agreement with the shop has already been signed and they were very specific about what I can and can't keep(basically I can keep the crappy printer, mouse and scanner, they get the rest). Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 08-29-2001, 10:12 AM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Find a (or many) site on the internet that you can use for storage space (kinda like geocities). Create a bogus "hello, this is my webpage" HTML index and use the rest to store your pics and games.

Another solution: send the files as e-mail to a friend with a CD-RW (good if you're both on a Cable connection.

Yet another: go buy another used HD. Install it on your PC, copy your files, remove it. When the new PC comes in, put it in. I'm sure you can find a 2-5 Gig HDD around for about 30$.

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 08-29-2001).]
Old 08-29-2001, 11:27 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

There's also several "virtual drive" sites on the Internet...those X-drive sites, I think...that you can store some stuff in. See if you can find one of those.

Got to run to class, but I may be able to post something up in a bit on that...at least a link to one of them.

Good luck!

------------------