Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2004, 08:46 PM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

All, please take a moment to assist with your system stats.

Home PC.
Proc AMD
Ram DDR
Chipset nVidia nforce 2
Video Card Radeon 9600XT
Crashes with Morrowind: Daily before and after .ini change! Patched, and data.ini file modified.

Road Laptop
Proc P4
Ram DDR
Chipset nVidia mobile
Video Card nVidia mobile FX
Crashes with Morrowind: Never! Patched, no change to any .ini file.

I'm just trying to figure it all out.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:36 AM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

What have you been doing before the crashes? Sometimes it crashes for me when I pay gold fines, but rarely.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:58 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Get used to it. This game has the most CTR(Crash to desktop) scenes I have ever seen!
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 05:07 PM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

That's why I'm trying to figure it out.
My AMD powered desktop does experience a lot of CTD.

However, my Intel laptop has not experienced a single CTD.

So no, I'm not going to get used to it. However I do remember why I stopped playing it over a year ago. CTD!

[ 03-06-2004, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Felix The Assassin ]

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:42 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

There's nothing you could do about it. Crashes will happen.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 01:21 AM   #6
Seraph
Quintesson

Have you guys tried contacting Tech Support? They are pretty good about trying to solve various problems with the game.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 05:36 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I think it DOES have something to do with specs though. Morrowind used to crash a lot more on my old system than it does on my current one. It WILL crash randomly, but i have yet to see the first perfect game, so i can live with the occasional crash. That doesn't ruin the fact that Morrowind is one of the best games ever.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:13 PM   #8
blakething
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i think all of these dam mods i was running was MY >> MAIN << problem...it was getting to where the game would crash everytime i got into a fight and this is not a game that you want to crash because as you know it can take a while to set everything back up;it gets frustrating to say the least...i turned off a lot of the mods and it runs ok *again*...it's one of the best "RPG's" anyway, no doubt.hasn't stopped me from playing.

EDIT: just quicksave your game OFTEN,it will help . *as in every few minutes* lol

[ 03-07-2004, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: blakething ]
blakething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 04:52 PM   #9
Mister Natural
Manshoon

Believe it or not some of the crashes are caused by sound and not video. I'm assuming you're running the game at the same rez as your desktop. That is the first thing all recommend and seems to help. I did have a problem for a while and I found disabling hardware sound and turning the master volume slider down a bit helped a lot. For some reason the problem seemed to go away in time. I can tell you it isn't the video card itself because I orginally had a ti4600 video card. I did have to wrestle with crashes for a while but seemed to finally iron it out with running the rez same as desktop. Later on I got a 9800 pro video card and no problems with it.