Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2001, 05:56 AM   #1
Vampire

is there the possibility:

The entire Terrorist Team that ever knew in detail about the Attack was killed.
After all of the 19 killed they could have included everyone that ever knew in detail of the scheme. Unless the CIA has evidence to show otherwise, I think it's POSSIBLE they are looking fo rthe non-existant.

Arguement for:

1/ 19 is enough to organise 4 simple hijacks.
2/ 7 Pilots are also enough to be self tought
3/ Money isn't an issue... (no bombs, no high-tech)
4/ Many were US residents
5/ Lack of warning from CIA due to ONLY 19 knew, so no leak!

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 06:01 AM   #2
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

It's possible, all right... but this scenario will make the US look REALLY BAD. Also, those pilots must've been REAL extremists. And - how did they meet each other? I know that one lived in Hamburg for a while, then several US citizens...

------------------

Kazara

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-15-2001, 06:02 AM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

That is not a nice thought, they will escape unpunished then, but I doubt it, I'm pretty damn sure there's someone behind it, and I think it's Bin Laden, from what I've heard, they found evidence to support the theory that he was involved.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
Old 09-15-2001, 06:04 AM   #4
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
It's possible, all right... but this scenario will make the US look REALLY BAD. Also, those pilots must've been REAL extremists. And - how did they meet each other? I know that one lived in Hamburg for a while, then several US citizens...

I still need to figure out how they met.
It could be a secret gang formed years ago, where all have sworn revenge and lost someone dear. These would be ordinary people with skills led by one or two fanatics. It's possible no one was BEHIND the attack as it's simple and cheap!

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 06:24 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

dude, I don't think so

IF Afghanistan was really bombed, then there has to be someone else, the question is, WHO are those hijackers? US Citizen? who the hell has the power to convince them doing that? for a cause? out of hatred? impossible

such suicidal attack must be based on faith of some sort, any muslin terrorists can do it, but it DOES NOT have to be Bin Laden
Old 09-15-2001, 07:23 AM   #6
Vampire

But is it possible that all perpetrators died??
I don't think you got what I was saying, Rikard.

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 12:22 PM   #7
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

Yes, it is not only possible that all perpetrators died, it's a necessity for this act. By definition, a perpetrator is a person who commits or performs.

However, I do not think that it's possible that all persons involved perished in the attack. First, enourmous amount of money is needed to pay for pilot training. I did my pilot training in Canada and it cost close to 30000$ Cnd. The reality of it is that US training is far more expensive. Plus, how could someone pay for pilot training while at the same time paying for lodging and travel without a job? No, for the simple aspect of money, their were other people involved.

The problem is that we usually don't know about cells (or involvement) until after the act is commited. Which logicaly let's us to believe that there are statisticaly speaking more terrorist cell present. Not only in the US but also in Canada, France, Germany, Belgium, UK, Netherlands...

Just to make mathers worst (in case of Canada anyway), we have open door immigration policy. This pretty much means that if you want to come in and you have the credentials, you're more than welcome to establish yourself in our country. This is a direct result of wide spread human right attitude. The truth of it is that terrorist have found a loop hole in our screening process and are exploting it.

Of course, as any other organisation, they do not want to be totally secret. This means that they sacrifice certain members to police services. Think of it as drug lord that leak to police an incoming shipment of drugs to the police. While the police makes a huge drug bust, probably 10 shipments just as big get throught. The fact of it is, they know the system and they know how to counter it.

The scary part of it is that anybody as the potential to be a terrorist. Because they do not announce themselves, we don't know that they are. This puts us into a moral delima: first we can go and annihilate all people of Arab decent which would clearly eliminate the threat. This is the real and only solution to our problem as we end up removing the ideology. However, it's also totally against what we consider just and appropriate (BTW: I'm not advocating for this path of action).

The second option is to go after the terrorists. In this type of response, we take out (assasinate, not bring to justice) terrorists as they pop up. Again, the problem resides with the fact that the ideology remains ant terrorists are going to keep poping up. Clearly, this is the path that we are taking. We are not fixing the problem. We are not preventing terrorism from taking place, we are merely removing bad apples. Exept that taking out those bad apples will cause more bad apples to keep poping up.

The fact is that what we are facing is sadly a very long and strenuous war. The reality of it is that it's not Afghanistan or Pakistan or even Saudi Arabia, Irak, Iran, Lybia, etc., that are caught between a rock and a hard place. It's the US and other Occidental countries that will help the US.

You see, we KNOW that there are more terrorists in Occidental countries. Oddly enough, they didn't commit any more acts of terror. Which leads many of us to believe that the worst of it as come and past. This is a false sense of security. When the US, and the world, will retaliate, you will see the worst of it.

People do not understand terrorism. What we will see is death, death all over. Yes, people will die in Afghanistan and in other Middle Eastern countries (supposing that the attack came from there). But the reality of it is that many will die at home. Bomb exploding in theaters, churchs, metros, works etc will become a way of life.

This is not a war that will be fought by armies in distant lands. This is going to be a war that will be fought primarily on Occidental soil, where Occidental blood will flow in the streets and where MANY Occidentals will perish in attrocious acts. The police and other civilians, not the army, will be our soldiers and protectors.

This, unfortunately, is terrorism and it's the war we will fight and win. There are no innocents in this war. We are all soldiers wether we are a policeman, a grocery clerk or on social aid. The fact of it is: We are all targets and the ennemy to those people.

That's the reality that probably only 1-2% of the population understands.
Old 09-15-2001, 12:33 PM   #8
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Speaking of if they could have done it themselves..

If they came from a terrorist group with an agenda, I'm sure they would have left someone alive and on the ground to co-ordinate the attacks, as well as to make sure people know why these terrorists died. If they die for their cause, they should rightfully want to make damn sure other people know what that cause is. If they want to further their cause, they need a person who knows what was going to happen, knows what they wanted to accomplish, to stay behind and tell the world (or at least other terrorist cells) of what they want to happen as a result of their actions, be it political liberation, or some other crap like that.

------------------
Proud to be American
Old 09-15-2001, 12:51 PM   #9
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Speaking of if they could have done it themselves..

If they came from a terrorist group with an agenda, I'm sure they would have left someone alive and on the ground to co-ordinate the attacks, as well as to make sure people know why these terrorists died. If they die for their cause, they should rightfully want to make damn sure other people know what that cause is. If they want to further their cause, they need a person who knows what was going to happen, knows what they wanted to accomplish, to stay behind and tell the world (or at least other terrorist cells) of what they want to happen as a result of their actions, be it political liberation, or some other crap like that.

They don't need to leave someone behind to tell us what the cause or objective is. The target speaks for itself: power, capitalism, americanism. You don't need to make it know. You only need to terrorise

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 09-15-2001).]
Old 09-15-2001, 01:27 PM   #10
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

What did I do?????????

Well since i'm spoken to
Í'll speak myself

If it was a group of 19 people
They would have to be extreem fanatics
They would have to havesome training flying the Boeing 757 and 767 series (which are quite similair)
They would have to be able to penatrate through the defences on airport
They would have to have a plausible reason to give up their life for
They would want everybody to know that reason

The first 4 are possible with a group of 19
but what would be the reason?
They knew that with a suicide flight they could never give a reason

About Bin Laden
I doubt he himself thought of the idea
There are a lot of followers of Bin Laden, they operate independetly from Bin Laden but with his support.
If Bin Laden did it himself i doubt he would have taken the trouble to deny he "bombed" the WTC and the pantagon
The Fact that he DID deny it has to mean something
BUT he knew about it and he told the USA "something big is coming" weeks before the attack
Thus I think the attackers are people who did this in the name of the Islam, which does not mean that the moslims agree with this actions, just as no Christian would agree with it if there were Christian extremist groups.
possible names that come to mind are Bin Laden but also Sadam Hoessein, He has bonds with Bin Laden which would explain why Bin Laden knew, He has a reason to attack amerika because of the resriction that the UN had laid upon Iraq
He has the Money and the Knowledge to plan such an attack

To be conclusive
It would be possible but unlikely

------------------