Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2003, 01:32 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

My characters are level 20, should I promote them right now? Of course I'm not gonna promote kazin until I found secret book (to promote him to sorceror) In many forums, people say "promote your characters at level 40, because when you're at level 99, you'll extra 20 levels more" yes it's ok but I dont think that I'll be level 99 when I beat the game. Let's say I beat the game at level 60 or 70. Isn't it a good idea to promote my characters as soon as possible? If you dont use egress tactic too much which level you beat the game?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 10:15 AM   #2
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

go with your own instincts thats usually best dont create a character off of everybody elses opinions i made that mistake with d2 lod
cloud ff7 38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 12:36 PM   #3
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
But why I dont understand? Let's say you promote him after level 40 and you have a level 1 promoted slade (with 40 levels unpromoted)

I promote my slade at level 20 and he gains another 20 levels promoted (we both give our charactesr 40 levels-yours gain 40 levels unpromoted, mine gains 20 unpromoted, 20 promoted) When you're promoted you gain better stats

So my question is,

A character with 20 level unpromoted + 20 level promoted should be more powerful than

a character with 40 level unpromoted.

Am I right? COrrect me if I'm wrong
That is correct, but when you promote the level 40 unpromoted Slade his stats may appear to revert to very low figures but when you start to level them up after promotion (at level 40) they get their stats back and then some! In a very short period of time the Slade will be much more powerful than a character with 20 level unpromoted + 20 level promoted, presumably because the Slade had a stronger foundation before being leveled up.

Thats just the way it works, there's nothing wrong with the promote the at level 20 technique, but if you wanna get all you can get from your characters you should promote at 40.
[/QUOTE]There's my opinion.
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 04:30 PM   #4
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Cloud FF7, My intention is not to create best party. I'm just trying to understand the logic of the promotion.

Sigmar, I know your opinion but my question is which level you hit when you beat the game? As I said I dont think that I'll be level 99 when I'm through the end. That's my question
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Old 09-18-2003, 08:33 AM   #5
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Hmm I think I got it. It's wise to promote your characters about level 25. Because when you're 20, you gain lots of xp from powerful monsters (such as catapult etc) when you're promoted you gain half xp. But after level 25 your xp gets lesser than promoted battle victory xp amount. And for many characters promoted level ups are much better. I'm not a guy who will cast egress 100 times and level up all my party to level 99 I like to egress only few times just for fun Any other suggestions about SF2?