Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2001, 07:28 PM   #1
Dark Savant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am experiencing a D3d problem now since I installed DX8.1, which I did for EverQuest SOL. When I start W&W the screen flickers and is all messed up but i can see enough to click on Start, then I get to the Town and the same problem, all glitchy. If I set it to Software mode, it works fine, but I refuse to play in software mode [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Any suggestions! I can try removing 8.1 with DirectX Buster found at http://www.directxbuster.de/index_e.html which works well. And then re-install 7 and see if that works. Also I think I had this problem early on when I first installed the game and ended up removing W&W and saving my Save-game file and then re-installing W&W and it worked, it fixed the D3D issue, but that was when I had DirectX 7 or 8.0a.
My system is a P3 667 with 512MB RAM, Voodoo5 AGP, Cable Modem, yada yada, etc., etc.

Thanks for your help in advance

DS
Dark Savant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 10:00 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi DS!!

DirectX 7 should solve your problems but if not - repost this to Saz' Techie Help Desk thread.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 10:45 AM   #3
Jazzid
Manshoon

I don't know... but it might be worth a try to slow down the graphics acceleration one notch (right click on the desktop/properties/preferences/advanced/prestanda/pull down the graphics slider/ (I hope the references are accurate.. but I'm running a non-Enlish version of Win98)

Anyway, in some 3D-games it has helped me to get rid of some artifact graphics.

Cheers//Jazzid