Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2001, 11:27 AM   #1
Erekose
The Magister

Personally i had hoped it would be something along the lines of Knight of the Black Rose. *Sigh* Lord Soth would have made such a good character on the big screen. Of course i realise that this would not have been the most marketable picture given the rating required but who cares. List your ideas for the best D&D book that could be turning into a movie.
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 12:52 PM   #2
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

It would have be good to base it on a Ravenloft Novel, But personaly I would prefer I Strahd The War againts Azlin on movie.

Just to the Face of Azlin when Strahd resist one of his deadliest Spells and bluffs his way out.
Strahd Von Zarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 08:18 AM   #3
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I haven't read many D&D books, so I can't really list that many.
I will however say that I didn't like the setting of D&D the movie, I would have liked a little more forest, rather than a huge, futuristic looking city.

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF
sylent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 08:45 AM   #4
Erekose
The Magister

If they did even a module approach it would have been a lot better. How difficult would it have been to play out even a generic module? THey start in town, travel to setting A (dungeon or outpost) then conflict.....Image if they used those special effects in a dungeon setting, green slime, and the likes would have been fantastic. A lot better than distracting beholders with a thrown rock lol
Cheers

------------------
"You all wished me to arouse the blade and use it. Now, I think, we begin to understand the consequences. The Black Sword must be fed. It will feed on friends if it cannot feed on enemies......"
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 09:33 AM   #5
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

It wasn't the best moive I ever seen but I think it main fault was the fact that it seem more like a trailer that a moive.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 05:02 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Given the fame to Drizzt's life, I would say that it would be cool for them to try and do a Trilogy movie with him, starting in Menzo...n.
If not, then maybe the trilogy that I am reading now...the Twilight Giants...it is awsome!

------------------

Larry, Sell-Sword to the OHF
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 06:42 PM   #7
sylent
Emerald Dragon

The try-hard comedy kinda ruined the whole feel of the movie for me.
Like you said Erekose, if it had been in a dungeon sort of setting, then it could have been something really cool, using all of the latest technology to make something new, rather than just a huge city...
I really liked the elven city though.

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF
sylent is offline   Reply With Quote