Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2007, 10:49 PM   #151
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Finally got WOW...

Yeah 70 pvp is kinda a mess :/. I amn't fond of the resilience concept as a whole as far as pvp goes - for pve it is a nice buff. I find myself wishing for the pre bc days sometimes.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #152
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I'm still at 59 as I've been trying to farm honour so I can get my 2nd Grand Marshal Sword by the time I ding 60 - I'm about 3000 honour away.

In the meantime I've gotten my undead rogue to the 29 bracket where I am sort of holding my own against the massively twinked opposition. Funny thing is in Dalaran I'm actually losing 75% of my WSG matches but am pwning my AB matches - strange. And I haven't really noticed any better communication or anything from the Horde guys compared to the Alliance guys - I think the key to Horde winning more AB is because once you take BS you can quickly reinforce/assault every other node, and you get close to ST as well (and we all know Alliance go apeshit when ST is taken and they all rush back to regain it).

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:17 AM   #153
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well wsg at 29 on horde is not what it used to be. I remember I wouldn't lose a game for weeks (yes weeks) on my 29 rogue. We had some tight games but we always brought it back.

Now the 29 brackets are saturated with twinks - absolutely teeming with them. There are no more full premades anymore so you will usually have a team of 4+ twinks on alliance side vs. the only horde who are queing on your side. There aren't as many horde twinks either simply because of the amount of people playing on alliance. Lots of people = lots of gold = lots of twinks. Sometimes allaince can actually have a virtually full premade and come up against a horde PUG, if there are only those horde in the queue, because the matchmaking system won't let people sit around forever.

On my server wsg on horde at 29 is a gamble. It never used to be. But for the reasons mentioned above, and the fact that Blood Elves drew in alot of kids, it isn't the same. Still, you will know the difference if you watch the teams. You can tell whether you lose because of gear or because of a lack of co-ordination that we used to only see on the alliance side. But watch for those green weapons and goggle-wearing gnomes and compare their numbers to your own guys to make a fair judgement. Losing to a bunch of twinks is no shameful thing. Winning against them isn't a bad thing either.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #154
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You know how a L27 can beat a L29-30 if the gear is roughly matched and the L27's skill better than the L29-30 - can a geared/twinked L69 beat a moderately geared L70? Or is the gulf too great?

Old 01-11-2008, 02:38 PM   #155
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

It's not too great at all. Skill and gear are both factors.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #156
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
It's not too great at all. Skill and gear are both factors.
But doesn't resilience play a big factor in PVP? So I guess my question is, would a twinked 69 (with no resilience) be able to beat a non-twinked 70 with resilience?

Old 02-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #157
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Well a 70 with resilience is kinda twinked.

Anyway, your point, that resilience is a big factor, is true. They keep making the game more complicated, it takes a slide rule to make simple gear decisions these days. Resilience added as a stat was bull, forcing people to go down two gear paths to do pvp and pve. And now they've added haste, and they're buffing spell haste in patch 2.4. Complex and annoying.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:41 AM   #158
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes pvp is seperatating itself alot more now. Also bearing in mind +stam did that beforehand but not in a way the resilience did as far as PvE in concerned. Stam had it's uses just not it's overuses while grinding, resil has little use for raiding or pve really (save for tanks that is and even then they were fine without it - not like questing is hard).

Quote:
would a twinked 69 (with no resilience) be able to beat a non-twinked 70 with resilience?
Yes of course, I mean, it is possible. I have done it. Again, skill is the issue, class differences etc. But as far as gear is concerned the +resil. is superior for pvp, and would win more times than it would lose with two equally skilled combatants. Still, I have seen some idiotic alliance geared in full glad sets and burned them down wearing my raiding gear.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:32 PM   #159
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

I doubt there is any major skill in WoW.... Just a bunch of keybindings players have put together to use their abilities quicker than their opponent.

I pvp IRL

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:36 AM   #160
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Just specced mutilate, you should try this out Mem, its pretty good once you grasp the basics. You play backstab rogue, go to mutilate, but because mutilate doesnt crit as much as backstab you dont think it is actually that good. THEN you go back to backstab and whaddya know....

Heres a link to my spec.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

If you dont like it you can always try shadowstep ambush.. I remember i fought a mage once and scored a 4.7k ambush crit. Totally owned.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...02321203501351

And if you dont want to go daggers... The most OP spec for a rogue

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...02321213501351

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote