Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2002, 08:21 AM   #1
Sir Exxon
Zartan

...annoying. (SPOILERS)

Inside the Snow Globe, I finally managed to kill that White Guardian Dragon. It took me some time, so I was pretty happy when I killed it. However, my joy would not last for too long. To my surprise, I saw that it was only worth 481 XP! I've gotten just as much from killing a Dire Bear! And I've gotten more from killing a simple human.
I know White Dragons are one of Faeruns weakest Dragons, but I still think that it should be worth more then a Dire Bear. Somewhere around 650 XP would be good, or atleast more fair.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 08:45 AM   #2
Tobbin
Red Dragon

It all depends on your level. If you are pretty high up, you won't get so much xp when fighting the dragons. Dire bear is listed as CR 17 according to World Builder. The white dragon is listed as between 12 and 19. The regular manual shows 39, but not sure if that is CR or what level? Maybe you should use an older saved character at lower level and give her a rip? LOL
Old 08-19-2002, 08:51 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Perhaps so. My Fighter was lvl 12. Not so high, but not too low either. Thanks for the reply, Tobbin. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2002, 08:57 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Depends greatly on the age of the dragon as well. In 3:ed MM you can find dragons listed from a CR of 9 and up that can offer you a fight. And if you are higher level... well you get crappy XP..

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 10:23 AM   #5
DraconisRex

The challenge ratings for White Dragons (Monster Manual) start at 1 for wyrmling and top out at 20 for Great wyrm. I think the White Dragon in the snow globe is an adult or mature adult.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 11:01 AM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

According to the toolset, Adult ones have CR 12. I guess it was this I fought, then.
Old 08-19-2002, 11:16 AM   #7
Sythe
Ra

Or mayhap the Dragon was weak. I had myself a sorceror! I also had a clreic I forgot her name. I casted my spells BAM ZAM ZIIP and my henchman Cleric casted about 2 spells and the dragon was dead. The battle only lasted for 30 seconds. The was the quickest dragonbattle EVER! So the dragon wad dead and I ran away laughing! hahahahahaha! I had the same exp too I think
Old 08-19-2002, 11:49 AM   #8
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
Or mayhap the Dragon was weak. I had myself a sorceror! I also had a clreic I forgot her name. I casted my spells BAM ZAM ZIIP and my henchman Cleric casted about 2 spells and the dragon was dead. The battle only lasted for 30 seconds. The was the quickest dragonbattle EVER! So the dragon wad dead and I ran away laughing! hahahahahaha! I had the same exp too I think
That's kinda what we meant. If you are up higher in level, the dragon would be considered a lesser. Thereby giving you less xp for battling it. It's like an older brother smacking up on his younger brother. The parents view that as normal behavior for the younger kid, but may ground the older one figuring they knew better.
Old 08-20-2002, 04:31 PM   #9
Grindar Silvermane
Manshoon

Location: Temple of Tempus: The High Hall of Swords and Banners
The dragon should be an ancient wyrm as it states that it's been in the snowglobe for a very very long time and is very big in size. I think CR is not always very logical in the game
Old 08-20-2002, 06:48 PM   #10
AndyG
Elminster

You got close to 500 xp. That's about the highest monster xp I've ever seen i the game. It doesn't seem like much, but it's pretty good compared to what you'll be getting for other tough monsters later on. My fighter/rogue, at combined level 16, gets 3 xp per hill giant killed. These guys are not that easy to kill.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote