Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 03:49 PM   #11
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Legionaire

"Fine then, you flee, i'll hold them here as long as i can!"
Legionaire stood, sword ready, as the hundreds of challengers swarmed towards him. When they became within 100 feet, and started to walk towards them. 70 feet. He broke into a jog. 50 feet. Legionaire began to sprint, belting across the battlefield, crashing into the enemy's ranks. Long did he swing, hack and slash, and many fell before him. The enemy were starting to worry, they were being pushed back by a single man. They were worried that is, until a Borknager struck legionaire in the chest with a mighty blow from an axe. The blade cut straight through his armour, peircing his skin. Winded, Legionaire fell to his knees. He stared up at the huge Borknager, which raised it's axe above it's head. It was about to bring it crashing down, when there was a hurried thudding heard around 400 feet away. Then, Legionaire heard trumpets, and war drums. These sounds were welcoming to his ears, he had faught along side them many tims before. The White Willow raced across the field, and the Borknager mass turned and fled. Legionaire still knelt there, as horses charged past him, and he watched as his enemys were eradicated by the cavarly. He got to his feet, and was approached by a woman on horse-back.

"We saw the situation, and thaught you might need some aid, commander." She said.

"Thankyou, Elaynnor. This was quite a battle, they came close to beating us. I just wish i knew why they persistantly attack the city, and where they camp. We could launch an assault, winning this war."

"Aye, we could. Come, we must return to the Church, Reverand Hasnar and Lord Blunderbuss and waiting, we need to discuss numbers of the fallen men, arrange funerals, this was the biggest battle yet, and so begins the pain of the aftermath. Come, ride with me." Elaynnor held out her hand to legionaire, and tried to lif him to his feet, but his huge bulk was too much for her to lift.

Legionaire stood up, and swung himself up onto the back of her horse. "Alright, let's go..."
The 2 rode off back within the city walls, leaving the rest of the knights retreiving their fallen.

[ 02-02-2005, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
TheGodThatFailed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 05:05 PM   #12
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Legionaire and Elaynnor walked into the church, to see a huge argument taking place. The two of them hurried over, to see what was going on. Inquisitor Furomon seemed to be arguing over the outcome of the battle with Olòrin, and Calthak Hasnar. He was also insulting Mithrandir McTwitch for his "cowardice".

[ 02-02-2005, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 02-02-2005, 05:41 PM   #13
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

High Inquisitor Furomon

"The battle is lost because of your fear. Your cowardice!" the Inquisitor looked towards the gates to see the legionaire and Elaynnor walking in. The grimace of his face turned into even more anger as he took long, hard strides towards the new arrivals. "What do you have to say for yourselves?" he asked of Elaynnor "No, I am not even interested. The fact remains, your reluctance to join the battle has cost us the field!" he turned to all of them. under his robes, he already had the sacred mark of the Branded heated, and resisted the urge to use it on these... these cowards. He pointed his finger at Legionaire, and said "This man stayed untill the last moments of battle! He forfeited his own life to save your own unworthy, retreating little lives! In the next battle, the first to flinch will die! And I will make sure of it! In the next battle, I will go together with my guard, and I will lead a group to show you how a battle is fought!" He looked them all over, disgust on his face.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:52 PM   #14
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Legionaire

"Yes, Furomon, I faught till the last, and dispite what you may think, they battle was not lost. You show anger towards Elaynnor, and her Knights, but it was them, who won the fight. 'The fact remains' that she was bid to stay behind by the King, not to waste our best soldiers lives until it was nessicary. You sing my praises, but were it not for the others retreating, we would have lost many more. And then, the battle would truley have been lost. The real heros here are Elaynnor and her knights, who crushed the Borknager into retreat, and deystroyed them."

Elaynnor was next to speak.
"High Inquisitor Furomon, I would like to point out several things, that in your blinded rage and stupidity, you have missed. You are calling the men cowards, for retreating, then what does that make yourself? You didn't even fight at all! Olòrin Blunderbuss, had no troops, and yourre claiming to be braver than him, by taking your guards into the fight. Dupe faught bravley, and only fled to follow commands, he took no damage during the battle, and put up a truley great fight. Calthak Hasnar, pulled out to save a noble man, in Mithrandir Mctwitch. All our men did what they HAD to do! You can't accept this, then you are a poor man, nobley and mentally."

[ 02-02-2005, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 02-02-2005, 06:08 PM   #15
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

High Inquisitor Furomon

Infuriated by the she-knight, Furomon stepped to Elaynnor, and raised the rod of branding, it's red-hot end just inches away from her face "I earned my right to carry this! I earned through battle, through death, and above all, through courage! Do not presume you will talk down to me!" He truly fought hard to resist the urge to burn the symbol of the judged on her forehead. Her being the king's favored helped. "If you pull the orders on me, then I had mine aswell! To defend this town, the base, and all within. In battle, it is not victory to do precisely as you are told, but to go above and beyond! And that, I shall prove that before the next daybreak!" His fist holding the rod shook with his rage. He quickly turned, and walked out of the room in long fast strides.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:57 PM   #16
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Dupe

Still smashing away when he heard the call to retreat he laughed to himself and thought why, these little things crack so easily. Then he hit a snag, his weapon was caught, and he was momentarily disarmed taking a heavy blow across the back of his shoulder blades. Rolling forward with blow he quickly grabbed a Borknager he rolled into and muscled him around to block another blow from his unseen attacker. Brains gushed everywhere from his meat shield as it absorbed the blow from the heavy mace. Dupe charged forward with body as more Borknager swarmed about him trying to weight him down. The limp body slammed into the immediate frontal threat slight knocking his aggressor off balance. Dupe was starting to get a bit breathed when more Borknager's came to the assault. Then he heard it, and so did they, the call of the Knights, the thundur of hooves from charging horses. He was being pummled by many attackers at this point when there blows softened and his frontal attacker lost some of his gusto. Grabbing at one of his attackers dropping his current meat shield he locked his grip on the wrist of the one he had grabbed, a slight crunching of bone and a scream of sudden pain came from his newest victim as he started to swing the poor creature as if he were his balled chain. The Borknager's started to run as the the thunder of the hooves and the gleam in the crazy giants eyes became very intense. The enemy ran and was run down the cavalry and Dupe was left alone on the field with the dead oince again. With a shudder he started to laugh as he tossed dieing bodies about. " Banric, where are you my friend, do you reside with the dead again " could be heard as the man mulled about.
Elif Godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 04:51 AM   #17
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

OOC: Umm...The battle was over when you posted, Elif...

[ 02-03-2005, 04:52 AM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 02-03-2005, 09:33 AM   #18
Elif Godson
Dracolich

ooc: had to do my piece, I couldnt just go from point A to point D with nothing said about my part
Elif Godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:09 PM   #19
dplax
Jack Burton

Calthak Hasnar

Long had the day been and Calthak when he neared the steps of the temple was not careful enough and an arrow from the enemy scratched his left cheek. Blood slowly started flowing from it during the heated conversation between the Inquisitor and the knights.

He did not care about the shallow wound on his face and after the Inquisitor left he walked over to Blunderbuss.

"If you do not need me, I shall be off to care for the wounded. Many of them need help after today's battle." - he looked questioningly at his fellow priest, as if asking whether he was needed.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:38 PM   #20
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

Olòrin Blunderbuss

"You have fought bravely, my friend. Tend your wounds and rest, you may well be needed by dawn of the next morn, but rest now."

With that, Olòrin retired to his room and lay upon his bed.

Olòrin woke from what little sleep he could get. The battle had tired him but Fuorom's verbal assault had weighed heavy on his mind.

He moved to pull himself to his feet. He took his staff from its position; leaning against the wall and used it to lever himself to an upright position. He placed his hand above the orb of his staff. The orb immediately assumed a bright glow.

He used his torch to lead his way towards the tall window of his room. He looked out across the city of Larone. It looked somewhat depressed of late; the city and the people. The war had proved a mighty blow to the normally upbeat attitude of the inhabitants.

As he looked out, his eye was suddenly caught by the gradual opening of the Great Gate of the city. Through the gate he could see a white horse descending and upon it; Inquistior Fuorom.

The army had retreated; they would be weakest at their camp; if only they knew where the camp was. Olòrin instantly knew what Fuorom had set out to do. But to go alone would surely mean death. He would wake the others; a discussion and then Fuorom must be followed. He must not be allowed to reach the camp alone. He would be seen before he could report back.

With that, Olòrin ran from room to room, hammering at the doors with his staff. An urgent meeting must be held.

[ 02-03-2005, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Blunderbuss ]
Blunderbuss is offline   Reply With Quote