Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2004, 01:53 PM   #1
Hustnik
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well after reading through old discussions I have reconsidered the party and restarted. Now my party consist of:

DC Fighter - Mage
DC Fighter - Mage
DC Fighter - Druid
DC Ranger - Cleric
Bard
MC Fighter/Thief

But I'm not sure when is the best time to DC this party, I guess it wouldn't be wise to DC all charakter at once ..

What you think? Any opinion welcome..

Thanks,
Hustnik

P.S. One more question. What to do with the ring from hotel in Kuldahar once I have received the experience from talking to halfling? I still have it in inventory. Should I just drop it or is there any other use?

[ 01-26-2004, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: Hustnik ]
Hustnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 10:42 AM   #2
NobleNick
Quintesson

Hustnik,

Wow! What a bunch of brutes! 5 melee-types and a Bard: Lots of noggin-thumping power. And magic, too! Nice. Assuming you are going to play HoW:

Ranger(8)/Cleric
Fighter(9)/Mage
Fighter(10)/Druid
Fighter(12)/Mage

I am guessing on the Ranger, since I do not know where his sweet spots are for dualing over (and I don't think it matters much). The important thing with this character is to start developing a Cleric a relatively quickly.

With your MC Fighter/Thief, this should keep at least 3 qualified fighter-types on your front line during most of the transition. And, It should go without saying: When in Fighter character, stack all PPs in exactly one melee and one ranged weapon. One, of course that the character to which you are dualing can use. Wait until your character duals to diversify.

Save your pennies in the early game; and buy Bardic Horn of Valhalla for your Bard, as quickly as possible. I can't count the number of times the Bard's Berserkers saved my bacon; and they will fill in if you get too light on Fighters during your DC transitions.

You have a very potent, diverse, and survivable line-up: An excellent party. When the Bard does the "Chant," Your guys are going to ROCK the cave!

The only nit-pick I could find is that, in the later game, you are going to have basically the equivalent "firepower" of 3 mages and 1-1/2 Clerics. I think, especially in HoW, that you will be wishing it was balanced closer to an even split. Your Bard will provide virtually all your party's healing, with the "War Chant;" but you will still need lots of buffing and the curative powers of your Clerics. And it is a real bummer when your only Cleric is the first to go down with hopelessness. Believe me: 2 Clerics is not too many. If I were to tweak your lineup for use in my party, I would change the DC characters as follows:

Cleric(10)/Ranger
Fighter(9)/Illusionist
Fighter(9)/Cleric
Fighter(10)/Druid

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote