Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2004, 10:37 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Okay, here is how you can help me locate the crashing (the cause of the crashes)

1. If you are playing and all of the sudden, you are either knocked out of the game, or it freezes and never recovers, and maybe kicks you out afterward and then, can't log back in, or the server is no longer listed, REMEMBER exactly where you were, and on what level, and post that data here for me.

I know every nook of every area, and every script of every area, so if you say something like:

"I was on level 1 and walked in the drow altar room and busted down their webs and it locked" I know what you mean-- or even vague things like "I was on level 4 when it happened'.. Even then, I can focus my work on that level.

Just keep a memory of where you are [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS: Don't use the Durnan emote wand anymore, as I removed it from the code, and it no longer works--the script was not working right for v1.61, and was the cause of some crashes before the mid-point updates.

Thanks guys!! It'll help a LOT!! And get the update added sooner too!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 10:52 PM   #2
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

Gotcha! Ill start at level 1 and work my way down looking at everything I can
Old 01-31-2004, 11:47 PM   #3
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

havent seen anything yet and im on level 3. It is a bit laggy though, started in the upper right section of level 2, near Mun'ra the mummy and the manticore. got worse till i got to level 3.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:48 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Cool! Sorry if it was laggy, I have the editor opened and when I save, it eats up resources. I'm done now, so it should be less laggy.

Thanks, let me know!!

Old 02-01-2004, 02:21 AM   #5
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

Z, the game is down again, in case you didnt take it down... here is what I was doing.

I was on Level 7, in the jail area, in the room with all the levers that open the cells. I finished pulling all the levers and then was talking with other players who couldnt get to level 3 from level 2. I know you moved the key, but they said there was a sign saying level 3 wasnt ready yet.

I left the game and was going to come back with antoher character to take a look, and Neverwinter said the server was offline.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:15 AM   #6
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

was just playing wiht my paladin... Z were you updating as myself and some other characters were playing.

On Level 10 i ran into the 2 greater clay golems any every time I hit, it said weapon ineffective, so i ran... and later a golem caught up to me, but vanished andleft his treasure.

Also in level 11, there was some shimmering desert sand just to the right of the mountain you enter the level on, not sure what that is.

Oh and back to level 10, the Armor of Justice... you have it as +4 armor, then another +5 armor. The numbers arnt stackable, it comes out as +5 armor.

I posted this under the Bugs topic as well...
Old 02-02-2004, 04:00 PM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Weird. Okay, I'll fix that Armor! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2004, 04:36 PM   #8
vergannen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi,

If you're looking at the armor and the non-stacking plusses, you might want to look at the bone mace +8's that the greater skeleton priests drop on L4 (SW corner) as I think they've got the same problem.....

BTW the assassins on L9 SW corner (the ones on the island next to the big doors) seem to have changed into priestesses/mages. I wasn't sure if it was intended so I thought I'd mention it.....

cheers

Rory
vergannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 12:41 PM   #9
Son of Osiris

Well, some of the crashes might have to do with the massive ammounts of placeables and ambient sounds. People with "lesser Computers," like myself, find that the game can crash at any given time. It's almost like riding a unicycle blindfolded on a tightrope wire over a pit of poisonous snakes!
Old 02-07-2004, 11:50 AM   #10
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

I got a 'server response timed out' message. I was on level 11 standing in the little lake with all the gold. I picked up the 'robes of defense (or something similar to that name)' I was just gasping in horror at the bonuses given by the robes(yikes Z), then i found i couldnt do much else save walk around. nothing interacted for a few seconds... and then the message appeared.

[ 02-09-2004, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Teri-sha Illistyn ]