Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2001, 04:45 AM   #61
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
"I have never been around a woman during her time of the month" You know I think that may be the single best advice to a man about PMS ever. RUN AWAY RUN AWAY!!!

Aaaaaaagggghhh!!! The Dough boy has joined wolfie's clan - KILL! DESTROY! SHAVE!!!

I would be happy if you could define it too be Azyre´s clan to avoid confusing! (J/K) I´m NOT in any clan LOL. But I do get up to see who is crying wolf.. hehe

OK, sorry to see that this arguing is getting a "nasty" tone, I think that you two (Kiwi and Moni) are meaning the same thing here, only uses different words ad expressions that can be intext somewhat regarded to mean something else that it is..

Personally I have been around a woman that time of the month, and welli do have female friends ok, of the "so? no big deal" type of PMS and thoose that stay home because of the troubles they have.

That is as far as I´m going to type about it. I have no opinion on the matter since I can´t do anything about it other than show respect and be supportive of thoose who wants support and stay away from thoose who wants to be left alone..

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 06-22-2001, 05:04 PM   #62
Gaelic
Elminster

I am curious to see if kiwidoc (as a physician) agrees with what I say here.

What makes depression such an interesting, difficult, and hotly debated topic is the fact that nobody is really sure what causes it. Nobody is really sure what cures it. Nobody is really sure exactly how anti-depressants do their job. What we DO know, is that some measures work for some people and others work for other people. For some it is diet and exercise, for others it is psychotherapy, for others it is a once daily pill, for yet others it is hospitalization and intense pharmaco- and psychotherapy. For many it is a combination of the above. The bottom line is that people with depression need the help of an experienced professional. Many people can benefit from drug therapy, especially as a way of opening the door for the healing that psychotherapy can provide. I sincerely salute those that suffer from depression and similar illnesses who grab the willpower to make diet and lifestyle changes and change their situation. For many, and I daresay most who suffer these problems, that type of strength is not available. That is where medication can help.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-22-2001, 05:38 PM   #63
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Gaelic - what I beleive and most pof my colleagues do as well is that "depression" is actually several differnt things that we can't tell apart very well yet. It is like pneumonia - before the days of X- Rays and microbiology all pnuemonias looked the same whether caused by bacteria A or B, TB virus, cancer or toxins in the lungs. It is also likely that most "depressions" have more than one cause.

There are some very strong indicators that some of these different "depressions" are highly unlikely to get better without medication - and it takes a trained professional to tease them all out.

Many of the causes are out of the persons control - genetic inheritance, some viral infections, damage in the womb, some neurological diseases, reaction to chemicals (alcohol being a biggy - stopping it doesnt cure the depression), hormonal changes. Some things can be dealt with and changed, and for some causes you can change the way you react to them.

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk