Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2003, 08:24 PM   #1
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

This might not have so much to do the the game, but I am just so mad right now!!!!!

I just got SoU yesterday, and I installed it this morning. While it was installing, I played a song that I had downloaded off the internet!

Finally the game installed. I played the game and noticed that there was no sound during the credits! I thought that they had taken it out in SoU. Then I began to get suspicious when there was no sound at all while I was creating my character. When I shut down NWN and then tried to play the song again, there was no sound! There is no sound coming out of my computer at all anymore! I tried:

-Unplugging my speakers and then plugging them back in
-Unplugging my computer and then plugging it back in
-Uninstalling and then reinstalling NWN
-Turning up the volume

Is there anything else I can do, besides calling a professional?
Old 07-11-2003, 08:37 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes, make a post on the Bioware technical boards for prompt attention.
Please list all your computer specs both there and here. Your sound is running otherwise, right?

Anyways, try re-installing your soundcard drivers, making sure you are up to date. There is a major sound loss bug with this game (XP1) that I even experienced but not to that degree have I seen it. Hold off on paying a professional to attempt the blatantly obvious for a ridiculous price, if anything call the technical helpline on your manual and do it yourself via technical phone direction.

Hope you sort it mate !

[ 07-11-2003, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 07-12-2003, 01:22 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Please keep us informed of any progress.

FYI>>>When I clicked on that site, then closed it, I had trouble getting this reply screen to pull up on my machine! Freaking scary! Is that website bugged with dang virus crap? It is late night here, so I cannot test my sound. I just wanted to see the link you provided.
Old 07-12-2003, 03:07 AM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

Did you run the configuration program again? It has an advanced sound properties if your not afraid to fiddle. I did a system scan and it restored my sound a while back.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 03:47 AM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Larry, I'd wager the problem with this site was not related but simply that, a problem with this site. Something is wrong with the IW forum and loads of people have been having trouble (theres a thread in GC). I clicked on that other site and it ran fine - kinda funnie too [img]smile.gif[/img] .

On a related note, is anyone who is using XP getting the blue screen of death on occasion with SOU?

[ 07-12-2003, 03:49 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 07-12-2003, 04:26 AM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Larry, I'd wager the problem with this site was not related but simply that, a problem with this site. Something is wrong with the IW forum and loads of people have been having trouble (theres a thread in GC). I clicked on that other site and it ran fine - kinda funnie too [img]smile.gif[/img] .

On a related note, is anyone who is using XP getting the blue screen of death on occasion with SOU?
I haven't, yet, but now that someone has mentioned it, i'm probably going to start. Isn't that the way it goes? Related to the original post, i haven't lost sound, but it seems that it is quieter( ? ) than it was before SoU. ie, i have to turn my speakers up louder and i'm not seeming to get the same level of sound that i got before. I've adjusted the ingame lvls, to no avail. guess i'll scoot over to bioware, and see what they have to say, maybe i'm not the only one
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 07:00 AM   #7
philip
Galvatron

Do you have Windows (I use ME so it might be somewhere else if you use anything else) In the tray where the clock is there has to be a button to your sound control (a yellow speaker like icon) if it's not there you need to reinstall your drivers
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 09:45 AM   #8
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Check your control Player, weather it's Real one player or windows Media player or what ever program you are using. I had this same problem a few months back and it turned out that I left one of the media players on and muted even after I thought I had turned everything off. None of my sound would work for any game I couldn't play music from any CD or from Internet Radio until I opened up every media player and then found the problem. I had muted the 3D sound sync on my 3D video card controler and have no Idea how I managed to turn that off. As soon as I clicked the mute back on everything came back on.
SO check all media players, sound cards, and the sound function on your 3D video accelerator. I hope this will help.

[ 07-12-2003, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 07-12-2003, 12:47 PM   #9
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
Check your control Player, weather it's Real one player or windows Media player or what ever program you are using. I had this same problem a few months back and it turned out that I left one of the media players on and muted even after I thought I had turned everything off. None of my sound would work for any game I couldn't play music from any CD or from Internet Radio until I opened up every media player and then found the problem.
Wow! That was the problem! Thanks dude, you just saved me 60 dollars! Woohoo!
Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 10:14 PM   #10
Animal
Gold Dragon

Most volume changes made in third party media players, will make global changes to your system. Windows Media however, doesn't.