Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2002, 09:13 AM   #11
Twisted Brother
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Congratulations, Twisted Brother!
Your IQ score is 131

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Emode's Ultimate IQ test.

The even better news is that at Emode, we've taken your IQ test one step further. During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We were able to analyze how you did on each set of those questions, which allows us to shed light on the way your brain uniquely functions.

At the same time, we compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher.

The first thing we can tell you about that is you're equally good at mathematical and verbal tasks, and learn best through experience. But that's just scratching the surface.

't was funny...
Old 08-01-2002, 09:27 AM   #12
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You know what I find amusing?

They wrote,
Quote:
And your email address?
(Don't worry, it's private.)
In response, I typed,
Quote:
yeahright@kissmyass.com
And they replied,
Quote:
Sorry, but someone's already using that email address. Please try another.
Nice to know that there are other people with my level of cynicism.

Oh well, let's try this again.

[ 08-01-2002, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Old 08-01-2002, 10:00 AM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Here we go, a mediocre score of 133.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:14 AM   #14
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Intellectual Type is a Precision Processor.

The first thing we can tell you about that is you've got a very experiential way of learning and a strong mathematical mind.

IQ is a bit lower than I thought... but it's still average
Old 08-01-2002, 10:23 AM   #15
Azred
Drow Priestess

Yes, it is all for fun, as I said earlier. Not only is test not scientific, but they are a business out to generate a list of contacts and make some money. That said, never buy any of their products (I never do) and just give them a fake address like Dundee Slaytern did.
Norompanlasolas is correct--online IQ tests are skewed to give results that are positive, or at least not negative, to the test-takers. Who's going to buy your stuff when you tell them they are mentally challenged? If you are really interested in this information, find a testing center.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:50 AM   #16
Serykar
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by an online test:

Congratulations, Serykar!
Your IQ score is 131

At the same time, we compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher.

The first thing we can tell you about that is you're equally good at mathematical and verbal tasks, and learn best through experience. But that's just scratching the surface.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:10 AM   #17
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Congratulations, Andrew!
Your IQ score is 108

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Emode's Ultimate IQ test.

The even better news is that at Emode, we've taken your IQ test one step further. During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We were able to analyze how you did on each set of those questions, which allows us to shed light on the way your brain uniquely functions.

At the same time, we compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Visual Mathematician.

The first thing we can tell you about that is you have a strong ability to process visual-spatial and mathematical information. But that's just scratching the surface.

Whoopie.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 08-01-2002, 11:29 AM   #18
Azred
Drow Priestess

SomeGuy, how old are you? That does make a difference in testing intelligence. Also, your areas of academic interest can sometimes skew results; for example, I have a degree in Math, so any math-based question is a correct answer for me.
Never worry or concern yourself with scores. Just always do your best.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:37 AM   #19
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
SomeGuy, how old are you? That does make a difference in testing intelligence. Also, your areas of academic interest can sometimes skew results; for example, I have a degree in Math, so any math-based question is a correct answer for me.
Never worry or concern yourself with scores. Just always do your best.
I'm 11,but had to lie and say I was 13 or otherwise it would'nt let me take the test. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 08-01-2002, 01:27 PM   #20
Lioness
Jack Burton

I got 129 (Visual Mathematician), but I got 175 on another one online...Don't think either are right, when I was 7 (had to put 13, it was the lowest they had) I got around 140 on a *real* IQ test, so I go by that.