Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2003, 12:18 AM   #1
koconnor100
The Magister

Saw a few ads, havn't seen the movie yet. Saw a discussion on it elsehwere on the internet.

The old cast is back (trinity, Morphius, anyone who didn't get shot to death in the last movie). The agents are back, or at the very least Agent Smith is back.

Neo kept his super powers in this movie (at least, inside the Matrix he did)
Agent smith gained the ability to replicate or copy himself all over the place, the pic of a hundred Agent Smiths swarming Neo under was displayed prominently as I recall.

Mention was made of the unnamed AI drilling down to the city Cyan to try and conquer it. One would suppose that since this is in the real world, and in teh real world NEO is just an ordinary guy...this is going to be a very serious problem for them to deal with.

Discussion :

It is interesting how they avoided the super man complex with this charactar. Instead of introducing kryptonite or some such to give him a weakness, they instead show him as invincible in a very narrow set of circumstances (inside the matrix), but there are threats outside the matrix that must also be countered (the Hunter Killers in the first movie) that his "super powers" have zilcho effect on.

Makes for a good movie, in my opinion. Lot of future in this.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:35 AM   #2
MagiK

<font color="#f683ad">Why start a new thread? there are already plenty of Matrix topics here.</font>
Old 05-08-2003, 09:05 AM   #3
Thoran
Galvatron

I hereby dub this the <h2>Matrix Thread : Reloaded </h2>

there are now no less than <h2>5</h2> matrix threads on the front page alone. Do I hear a 6?
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 09:54 AM   #4
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by koconnor100:
The old cast is back (trinity, Morphius, anyone who didn't get shot to death in the last movie). The agents are back, or at the very least Agent Smith is back.
Btw, Tank is not coming back. His disapperarence is not explained if I recall.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote