Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2002, 10:24 AM   #11
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Amen Saz. Say no to colored posts in silly colors! Grr, they make your eyes cry floods!!! Not really but it is a pain to read long posts in red to brown for instance or black, or some goblin green variant.. Your post probably will miss alot of readers since it doesn´t feel worth the strining. Thats my 2 cents at least. I don´t read any colored posts that isn´t nicely done at least. Not worth it, so you don´t get attention from that at least.

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 02-21-2002, 10:48 AM   #12
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

~bounces in~

Hmmm.. I think this colour better expresses me! *grynz* though I'd go for a certain shade of electric blue if I could find one! Guess it's just an extension of me ~beaming~

*huggles all the wondeful Mods for doing such an amazing job* You guys are saints! ~cuddles~

Uhoh... my colour doesn't hurt your eyes does it?

p.s. btw, is it possible to do anything about my avatar? I positively object to having blood running down my head! ~shudders~

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: ʆë®Ñï†Ý ]

Old 02-21-2002, 11:04 AM   #13
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by ʆë®Ñï†Ý:
p.s. btw, is it possible to do anything about my avatar? I positively object to having blood running down my head! ~shudders~

Just spam the living daylights outta the place. Only 26 more posts to go until you're a Manshoon, whatever that may be.
[img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img]
Just kidding about the spamming, of course.

But I always thought that those blue lines were tattoos. Either that, or the ugly guy is royalty.

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: J'aran ]

Old 02-21-2002, 11:12 AM   #14
Lavindathar
Harper

Hmmm, well.

I think everyone of my 1400 posts has been made using the same colour for the post.......and I don't think I am changing!

Also, another rule to the top. You cant use my colour!!!!

It's © of me!
Old 02-21-2002, 12:55 PM   #15
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I'm just curious: why do some of you feel the need to post in a different color all the time? I don't have a problem unless you don't do what Saz said, but don't you find it a hassle to constantly open and close the HTML tags? [img]graemlins/confused5.gif[/img]

truthfully? I don't bother with it
Old 02-21-2002, 12:57 PM   #16
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Hmmm, well.

I think everyone of my 1400 posts has been made using the same colour for the post.......and I don't think I am changing!

It's © of me!

You copyrighted Cyan? Like, I'm so sure! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Eternity, your post color is fine, as is Lav's and most others. It's just when people use a dark color on a dark background that it really strains the eyes. (I have to get on my students about that as well when they start fooling around with colors in Excel).

I'm de-topping the thread now; I think everyone got the point, although I may bump it again if needed. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 02-21-2002, 01:05 PM   #17
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Amen Saz. Say no to colored posts in silly colors! Grr, they make your eyes cry floods!!! Not really but it is a pain to read long posts in red to brown for instance or black, or some goblin green variant.. Your post probably will miss alot of readers since it doesn´t feel worth the strining. Thats my 2 cents at least. I don´t read any colored posts that isn´t nicely done at least. Not worth it, so you don´t get attention from that at least.

*holds up sign* 'just say no to colorful posts'

honestly after reading the colorful posts, I get a severe headache afterwards.
Old 02-21-2002, 03:39 PM   #18
Azred
Drow Priestess

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I'm just curious: why do some of you feel the need to post in a different color all the time? I don't have a problem unless you don't do what Saz said, but don't you find it a hassle to constantly open and close the HTML tags? [img]graemlins/confused5.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:
Perhaps they have it copied, then they paste it everytime they make a new post?
Perhaps they want to be unique?
Perhaps they feel they dont get enough attention?
(no offence meant to those who use different colours!)

Or perhaps we simply prefer posting in color. I haven't received any specific complaints, but then again I have neither posted as much as some people here nor would most people here lodge specific complaints. Also, I would never choose offensive colors (even though light green and brown really aren't compatible, but that is neither here nor there).

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: Azred ]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 02-21-2002, 03:51 PM   #19
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

quote:
Originally posted by Azred:

Or perhaps we simply prefer posting in color. I haven't received any specific complaints, but then again I have neither posted as much as some people here nor would most people here lodge specific complaints. Also, I would never choose offensive colors (even though light green and brown really aren't compatible, but that is neither here nor there).

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: Azred ]

Your font colour is fine [img]smile.gif[/img] The colours that are the subject of this post would be like /)eathkiller's post further up the page
Old 02-22-2002, 02:12 AM   #20
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Hmmm, well.

It's © of me!

A copyrite ?? Yay.. i like infringing on copyrites... (not the type that can end up in court ofcourse... nut this fun type...)

I *was* going to say something else... but I forget what it was now!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]