Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2002, 05:12 AM   #1
Lord Delarue
The Magister

Ok, i know it shouldn't be in this forum, but i just want to say this, if you have the darkest day, you should pick a sorceror, mine is at lvl 21 and he can cast 9 lvl 1 spells(not nine times 1 spell, nine different spells) and since you have the exp. cap remover, (i used cheating to see this) and you get to lvl 50, you can cast 16 different level 9 spells, now this is a overpowered class with Tdd installed, everybody who wants to learn how to use the spells correctly should try the sorceror with Tdd, but there are also a couple of downsides on the new spells, you get these spells that have in their description, can cause a possible huge amount of damage, but how much is this damage, i don't want to pick them cause i'm afraid that they'll suck, but hell, with 16 lvl 9 spells you don't have to worry about that now do you, i think that somebody who's famous for his sorceror talents should try this too(like dundee slaytern, i think you will see some nice sh*t) sorry if i'm to enthousiastic, but this class is way to powerful to be in a rpg
Old 04-04-2002, 05:19 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What Does TDD expand on exactly??
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 07:00 AM   #3
Daniel_M
Elminster

TDD Expands, a huge amount of spells, loads of new items, 3 new areas and 1 huge subquest. Also some NPC's can join you from baldurs gate 1 like yeslik (sp?) and Ajantis, overall TDD is a good add on if you want to eait like 2-3 days on a 56kbs modem
Old 04-04-2002, 10:19 AM   #4
Lord Delarue
The Magister

Spoilers
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I think you get more then 3 areas in TDD, but it doesn't matter that much, you get some really powerful weapons, (staff of law, that staff that launches red, black and silver dragon breath , the ring of messiah, aegis of torment) and also some fantastic new kits like svirfneblin, imagine a thief who is able to have 5 prof slots in daggers, has 70% MR, +1 dex, mirror image, blindness, mass invisibity, that's and some really powerfull monsters to combat(dragons, draco-lich, tartarus) and if anyone is having trouble with the dragons in tdd, i have a tip for you, it worked on almost all the dragons i battled, here it is, you summon 5 skeleton warriors(with the 90% MR), you put a paladin(avaunis or keldorn) with them, you haste them, bless,... and then you shoot an ice lance at the dragon, after this he is paralyzed in 60% of the cases so you can pound him to death, no cheese, just a good tactic
Old 04-05-2002, 07:01 AM   #5
robo donkey
Manshoon

This rediculous amount of power does make the rest of the game and ToB a bit of a joke though. I don't have TDD but i imagine thatat that sort of experience level the rest of the game must be a walkover.
robo donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 11:41 AM   #6
Lord Delarue
The Magister

But you forget that there are some really powerful monsters in TDD, like tartarus, he is one though .........., even when i had 5 level 9 slots, he still was hard because once he goes after a party member and starts to melee him, he does a nasty 50 to 70 damage a hit, and i'm playing on core rules ,imagine what he would do on insane difficulty.