Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2001, 08:12 PM   #1
RAISTLIN

Okay, since we are being abandoned and there will be no BGIII I have a question for you.

What do you think the best CRPG is that has an ongoing storyline like BG. I would like to play another set of games that have some type of saga.

Also, why did you select your response?

Old 02-20-2001, 08:25 PM   #2
Axis

Try the new Baldurs Gate coming out on the PlayStation 2.

Old 02-21-2001, 03:20 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well only because Raistlin is the only cool evil mage there is I will give you some hints from this hunting wolf...

• Neverwinter nights, do i need to explain?
• Arcanum, it will take you over 24 hours to jut walk avross the map areas.
• Summoner, they have this cool animated movie you can download where some of the characters are playing ADoD
• EON, A big Howl for this one cause it is Swedish, based on the Swedish roleplaying game with the same name, one of the writers of the story is a Gothenburg fellow that is one of the few good fantasy writers! Will have more AI in there characters that will do s they see fit and you can only ask them to do this and tha and they may tell you to screw off! hehe
• Pool of radiance, 3:ed DOD rules, turned base gameplay (could be good) very beatiful graphics and you will be able to make 4 out of the 6 characters in the group.

There are some more games I read about so if I find out I´ll give you a howler
Old 02-21-2001, 03:38 AM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Wish list:
1) Fallout 3: loads of guns, wasteland looting, need to say anymore?
2) BGIII: I know they said they are not going to make it, but no harm wishing they would.....

Back to reality:
1) Heart of Winter: Expected to be in some region by Thursday.....continuation of the Icewind Dale story.
2) Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction: I know I know that this is not really an RPG (depends on your definition of RPG), but it is good old "old school hack and slash".
3) MorrowWind: Third of the Elder Scroll series.....there is just something about 1st person RPG.......
Old 02-21-2001, 03:45 AM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Ah good wishlist Accord, here I have to wait around til 9 march before IWD HOW comes.. not happy...
And by the way, Fallout tactics seems to be very good! I tried the demo and I liked it so far! Diablo II well thats a good waste of time so to speak hehe.. But hey I like Oni to, a chance to kick some booty, eh sorry kick some ass and take naes, though the people sems to be so out of touch never introducing thereselves to a young fair lady..
Old 02-21-2001, 03:57 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Accord, do u know when Fallout 3 is coming out?

Raistlin - POR is supposed to be good but not as good as BG3.
Neverwinter Nights - make sure you have a good connection...
Old 02-21-2001, 04:06 AM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Memnoch, sorry man FO3 is just my wish list (like BG3) , although Fallout Tactics is suppose to be coming out shortly..... I might give its demo a try since Wolfgir and others have good words regarding it.
Speaking of Oni......(WAAAAAY OFF TOPIC AHEAD!!).....my friend just got a game called Onimusha tonight for PS2 (it is not computer game Oni), and it's @$$ kicking in both graphics and story so far....plays like Biohazard (aka Resident Evil) except it is during war time in medieval Japan.