Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2004, 09:35 PM   #91
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

My condolences to Mikey on his loss. It's not easy, no matter how you look at it, and to have lost both parents in such a short time... it's really sad.

I'd definitely make it there for the visitation and/or the funeral, depending on how close a friend he is. Teachers will get over it, and so will you (missing class, that is). You'll just have to study extra hard to cover what you missed.

Peace.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:51 AM   #92
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Sorry to hear about Mikey's mom. Def let your profs know about the funeral and profess your wishes to go...theey would be pretty heartless to keep you [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Myself, I stayed up till 4:30am again and spent the entirety of the day at Chris's house, from 7:45-7:45. He was asleep when I got there (having gone to bed at the same time as me), so I had a chat with his mom and dad about what was going on with my parents and the divorce, since Chris kept it hush hush for me, which was nice of him. His parents are so great. I'm like part of the family so they've told me anytime I need a place to live I'm free to stay with them (I've been given the ultimate gift of being shown where the hidden front door key is). Was nice to get my mind off things...had fun helping Chris shop for a mattress and drawers ect for when he goes back to uni in a couple weeks. Mother called me around 7 to let me know my dad had finally left. Apparently he had plans to take away my laptop, but I was smart and brought it with me...which I'm going to have to do everytime I leave the house and he's in the neighborhood *sighs*

He's coming back tomorrow at the same time, so I'm leaving around 8 and having breakfast at Starbucks (get to use their wireless) until my class at 12:30

Now I have philosophy reading/writing to catch up on. Will see you all tomorrow mornin
Old 09-07-2004, 12:59 AM   #93
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Well, just finished touching up my chemistry (ie. writing down all that work i did to get to the answers, instead of just writing the answers! ), and I'm getting tired. Still have two albums of the 'Tallica before I sleep, though, so I think I'll go take my shower. Well, I'm now positive i'm going to English, then booking it home. [img]smile.gif[/img] (Can't miss that many classes for the funeral, but we have plenty of friends there, so he should be ok.) Thanks, everyone.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:05 AM   #94
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Arghhh...numbers...numbers...numbers...I see numbers everywhere!! It's 8pm already and we still have to OT to do the accounts. Yesterday was stock count, today got to do to the cost accounting. Stupid CEO want that stupid ISO9001, or was it 9002? arghh!! who gave him that bright idea?? If he wants it that badly do it himselflah why want to involve us?? disturbing only!!
[img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

Sorry, just had to let go of a little steam there. I deadly tired from all these work. Gah!
Old 09-07-2004, 07:39 AM   #95
wellard
Dracolisk

OK fill me in

Dron -cah and Ilander know each other (guess they live close) I'm guessing you both know Bungleau ... It makes me realise how little I know you guys (girls) though I read your posts everyday [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

Hey Sir Goulum, wont Ipods be out of fashion by the time you save up enough money? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 09-07-2004, 08:56 AM   #96
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Hey guys, I'm suffering at school right now. In my study hall looking over the IW posts when I could be studying my english for a test, not exactly a difficult choice [img]tongue.gif[/img]

See you all later.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:28 AM   #97
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Actually, Wellard, I know Ilander and Dron_cah about as well as you do... from their posts [img]smile.gif[/img] I live several states away from them.

I've never actually met another Ironworker, and on some levels, have fears of doing so [img]smile.gif[/img] I can just imagine getting up to give one of the user group presentations that I do (and I'll be in Tampa, Detroit, and Boston to do some over the next two months) and having someone come up afterwards to say, "Hi! I'm SDFHGSD on the IW boards!"

My fear is because (1) work life and personal life will then mix and (2) I may not recognize them, which can be very embarrassing
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:32 AM   #98
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
OK fill me in

Dron -cah and Ilander know each other (guess they live close) I'm guessing you both know Bungleau ... It makes me realise how little I know you guys (girls) though I read your posts everyday [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

Hey Sir Goulum, wont Ipods be out of fashion by the time you save up enough money? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Dron's my best friend of the past five years. Clarity?

I don't know Bungleau, but considering how active Dron and I are here, I imagine most of you have caught some bit of our lives.

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 09-07-2004, 11:43 AM   #99
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
OK fill me in

Hello Wellard. I enjoyed your pic on stealthys. Although I think the game was really just an excuse for a beer fest personally! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

How'z life?

That sounds pretty bad for that guy Drew, just make sure he gets through ok. It must be tough!
Old 09-07-2004, 01:11 PM   #100
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Wee, on the wireless network at my school But for some reason the electrics outlets in my little desk won't work *frowns* how am I supposed to play wc3 at school if the battery poops out on me? [img]tongue.gif[/img]