Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2001, 05:45 AM   #11
Moiraine
Anubis

BTW, Hewlett Packard, where I work, sent a message to all HP workers, warning about mails possibly infected by Nimda, and that's what they are supposed to look like :

SUBJECT LINE: Subject line can be any random subject
MESSAGE BODY: Blank
ATTACHMENTS: File name ‘readme.xxx’, with one of the following extensions,
.exe, .com, .eml, or .wav.

Just a warning.

------------------

The world is my oyster !

[This message has been edited by Moiraine (edited 09-21-2001).]
Old 09-21-2001, 06:15 AM   #12
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by sageridder:
Was the virus in the read me file we were prompted to download while the site gave the cgi error message?When I tried to get on the other day I downloaded that file and tonight found I had the virus.If that is the case many of us could have it and not know it.

I think I got it from the IW, because after cleaning everything up I retried the IW, and Norton immediately started throwing warnings at me. I suggest anyone who has tried to access the IW in the past day have a good check.
I feel sorry for all the network people clearing this up, it took me 3 hours to get rid of it from 1 PC (luckily our home network wasn't connected up at the time). Somehow I managed to get 600+ infected files, which Norton AV to deleted, but Norton Utilities kindly put them in it's recovery file. Next time I scan I still have 600+ infected files - argggghhhhh.

Old 09-21-2001, 07:07 AM   #13
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

i have to thank wolfgir for everything about the virus!!! he saved me from hell! i mean i was wondering why IW was down, and i am usually ignorant about viruses so i didnt really know... i talked to wolfie and he told me that IW was infected with it, and anyone who visits the site... oh well... had it remedied minutes after i had it!!! ALL COZ OF WOLFGIR!!!

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWLLLLLLL!!!!!

------------------

Heya! It's just me, Bahamut!
Old 09-21-2001, 07:09 AM   #14
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
i have to thank wolfgir for everything about the virus!!! he saved me from hell! i mean i was wondering why IW was down, and i am usually ignorant about viruses so i didnt really know... i talked to wolfie and he told me that IW was infected with it, and anyone who visits the site... oh well... had it remedied minutes after i had it!!! ALL COZ OF WOLFGIR!!!

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWLLLLLLL!!!!!

Hehe! I´m just glad I could help you out there!
I hate Viruses! Espacially when it messes with my daily dose of IW!!!

GRRRR

Well I hope that most people here have been unaffected by that blasted virus..

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-21-2001, 08:21 AM   #15
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Thank you so very much, Ziroc !

Btw: while I am still a poor university student, fortunately my financial plight has lessened somewhat as of late and I would like to take advantage of this rare occurence - won't last for long ! - to finally make my own small monetary contribution to the board. I am posting this here because I want to know your advice about how to best get the money to Dan.

Thanks in advance for your input !

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 09-21-2001, 09:29 AM   #16
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Must be doumb luck - i got the cgi error msg, but no msg to download anything from the site(like i would after getting an error msg). glad you got it fixed Dan, thanx

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To

To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy. Nuke'm til the damn camels glow.
Old 09-21-2001, 11:05 AM   #17
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
hoorah! now i can regain my sanity by posting compulsively at IronWorks again!

Me too

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Old 09-21-2001, 04:49 PM   #18
Sorcerer Alex

Good job on fixing the site Ziroc

I was getting IW withdrawal....

------------------
Arch mage of the Seldarine
[img]http://communities.msn.co.uk/_Secure/0MwAvQiIS68yaeD9h5Pse*xXpwGZdk5rCu!0NDYr4Y2SZK0RdC ylCjR7MDyOC5ObvJjS61vcf0X7eYwVxc22kBQ/BlackLich.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2001, 05:40 AM   #19
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I also got the CGI error message but nothing to download...
AARGH! I've had forcible IW withdrawal for 3 days! Now I have to catch up on EVERYTHING that's happened!

------------------

Kazara

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-23-2001, 05:52 AM   #20
Sorcerer Alex

Nice to see you again Kaz, how are you?