Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2003, 08:55 AM   #1
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Arrow

Started another game yesterday, an F/M imported from BG1. But something seems to be messed up in my dialog.tlk, as things like this happens:

The mods I currently have installed are:

• Ease-of-Use (all components)
  • Tactics (all components)
  • Ascension (all components)
  • Item Upgrade (all components)
  • Dungeon-Be-Gone
  • Forgotten Wars item upgrades
  • Cloakwood Square-cutscene
  • Cespenar Audio for Item Upgrade
  • BioWare Patch & Baldurdash Fixpack
Un- and reinstalling the game probably will fix my problem, but I need to know if there are any of these mods that don't go very well together, which might be the source of my problem.
Thanks on forehand. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 09:08 AM   #2
McHaggis
Manshoon

That isn't a messed dialogue.tlk. That's part of some mod. IIRC, it was Ease-of-Use component Shorter Chapter 1&2 cutscenes, or something.
McHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 09:12 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Light Bulb

Quote:
Originally posted by McHaggis:
That isn't a messed dialogue.tlk. That's part of some mod. IIRC, it was Ease-of-Use component Shorter Chapter 1&2 cutscenes, or something.
Ah, that figures. I've never used those before, as I've had Tashia installed, who doesn't work with that component.
Thanks for the clarification, McHaggis. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2003, 11:47 AM   #4
McHaggis
Manshoon

No problem.
McHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 01:00 PM   #5
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Man if i was palying BG2 upstairs in my dark room and all of a sudden Ireicus asks me to sign his shirt i would get freaked out. I got scared seing your post in the light of day!
Old 03-22-2003, 01:52 PM   #6
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Didn't Irenicus show strange behaviour in the Play House Sir Exxon? something like he wanting to go to the Underdark because there are cool trinkets there ...? or that you are trowing rocks at him... [img]smile.gif[/img] ?

It's part of the EoU Mod. (WeiDU), I like it though... if you played the game like trillion time's... his voice and those cut-scenes get pretty boring.

You will notice that the ''Dreams'' are going faster to... no more cut-scene's there either.

Other note, the Forgotten Wars Item Upgrade... where can I find it and what does it add because I like Item. Upgrades [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 03-22-2003, 01:59 PM   #7
Kaltia
Jack Burton

It's also part of Dungeon-be-gone, which IS compatible with Tashia, because they're both WeiDu.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 02:00 PM   #8
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:
Didn't Irenicus show strange behaviour in the Play House Sir Exxon? something like he wanting to go to the Underdark because there are cool trinkets there ...? or that you are trowing rocks at him... [img]smile.gif[/img] ?

It's part of the EoU Mod. (WeiDU), I like it though... if you played the game like trillion time's... his voice and those cut-scenes get pretty boring.

You will notice that the ''Dreams'' are going faster to... no more cut-scene's there either.

Other note, the Forgotten Wars Item Upgrade... where can I find it and what does it add because I like Item. Upgrades [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Yeah, he did, that's why I said that "stuff like this happens". [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Also, you can find the FW-items upgrades here.
Old 03-22-2003, 05:08 PM   #9
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
It's also part of Dungeon-be-gone
No it isn`t. DBG does *not* affect the cutscenes.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 09:33 AM   #10
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Also, you can find the FW-items upgrades here.
I download the file (with DAP) and when I run it (unzip), it says ''Cannot open file: file does not appear to be a valid archive, retry downloading it'' does anybody know what this is? because I downloaded it again and again but it still says the it isn't a valid archive file for some strange reason...

anybody?

[add1] the file is 15,4 kb in size... little small isn't it?

[add2] Never mind my post, it was DAP... Un-Installed it and tried it again, got re-directed to a site that hosted the specific file needed . [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-23-2003, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Annatar ]